We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts in San Pedro

Which Ambergris Caye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
reviews: 13
Resorts in San Pedro

I will be in San Pedro for 9 nights in Sept. Has anyone stayed at the following resorts as I cannot decide:

Ramons

Banyan Bay Villa Resort

Belizean Shores Resort

Belizean Reef

Anyone know what the waether is like in Sept?

Jeff

Cape Coral, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
reviews: 10
1. Re: Resorts in San Pedro

Of the places you list, I've only stayed at Belizean Reef. The condos are beautiful. Large, nicely appointed, wonderful light. It's hot in September, sometimes the seabreezes calm, and Belizean Reef only has a/c in the bedrooms. I love the place, if you don't need a pool to be happy, I'd recommend it.

A couple hundred yards down the beach is Ramon's. Definitely more resort like. On site bar, restaurant,dive shop. I've never been in the rooms, the ocean front units have great 'curb appeal'. They are thatch, and I've heard they can be hard to keep cool if it's really hot. I think it's pretty expensive for what you get, but the people I've spoken with who were staying there seemed happy. The beach is very nice here (you can swim off the beach if you stay at Belizean Reef).

A little more than a mile south of these two properties is Banyan Bay. Lovely looking property. I think all units are two bedroom. Once again, a full service resort, with bar and restaurant on site. I've read the time share salesman can be a pain. The beach is nice.

Belizean Shores is about 3 1/2 miles north of town. You'll have to take a water taxi back and forth or rent a golf cart. If it's been raining, the golf cart 'road' becomes close to impassable. The pool here is beautiful. Very nice.

When in September are you traveling? Belize's Independence Day is the 21st. It's a fun time to be in town.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
reviews: 4
2. Re: Resorts in San Pedro

All but Ramons are condos. 'Banyan Bay has two and three bedroom units. Sept is still rainy and hurricane season, however is usually lovely weather, nice blue skies and breezes, sporadic showers, nice temps. Sept and Oct were our months of concern for hurricanes, but weather patterns are changing here like elsewhere. Nice quiet time to visit, low season rates.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
reviews: 4
3. Re: Resorts in San Pedro

Sept 10 and 21 are St Georges Caye Day and Indepedence, both national holidays.

Southern California
4. Re: Resorts in San Pedro

Ramons and Belizean Reef are the only ones you list that are within easy walking distance to town. You might also consider The Palms which is the only property in between the Belizean Reef and Ramons.

San Jose, California
5. Re: Resorts in San Pedro

Thanks for all the advice.

I hadn't seen the Palms until you mentioned it. Thanks for making my choice even harder :-)

Thanks Jeanh, I didn't realize Belizean Reef didn't have a pool; so that's out.

Is Caye Caulker worth staying at for a few nights. I mean What's there that I would want to stay a few nights or should I just stay in San Pedro. Is it easy to visit from San Pedro?

Jeff

Bradenton, Florida
Destination Expert
for Bradenton, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 29
6. Re: Resorts in San Pedro

The Palms is fantastic. We have stayed there twice, and getting ready for third visit. Between close to town, pool, great management, next door to Ramon's beach, and quiet, what more could you ask.Caye Caulker is very laid back, and probably worth more than the day we devote each visit, but , really, a day is probably enough, unless you are into "really laid back".

7. Re: Resorts in San Pedro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, August 30, 2009