We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verizon Wireless Amphitheater - which gate?

Which Alpharetta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
McMinnville...
reviews: 3
Verizon Wireless Amphitheater - which gate?

Hello,

I will be attending a show at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater next week. My tickets are Orchestra/GA (standing). I've been to many shows with general admission tickets, and there is always a flat-out sprint to the stage once the gates are opened. This might seem ridiculous, but that these types of shows, it's very undesirable to be trapped in the middle of the crowd (because you cannot get out nor get any water from security). And with as hot as it's been lately, I really don't want that to happen.

I've looked at a map of the venue, and it appears that the west gate is closer to the stage than the east gate. Has anyone been there or can anyone give me advice as to which gate to use? I've also read about this "Express Entrance" they have for Verizon cell phone holders or Race Trac receipts. How much earlier do those people get to enter? I'm not old, but I can't out-run teenagers!

Also, can anyone give me advice as to any place nearby to park before the parking lots open? For shows with general admission tickets, people usually create a line at the gate very early in the day. We are staying at the Homewood Suites, but it seems to be too far away to walk. The lots don't open until 5pm, and with rush hour and concert traffic, I'm assuming it would be slow-going.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

1. Re: Verizon Wireless Amphitheater - which gate?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, February 03, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Alpharetta