We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hampton Inn?

Which Alpharetta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
reviews: 7
Which Hampton Inn?

Hampton inn windward (old morris rd) or hampton inn roswell (westside pkwy). Which is within walking distance of restaurants and shopping. Have a car. Which is in the nicer area and easy to house hunt in surrounding Roswell area. Don't want to stay in an unrenovated dump. Thanks.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 25
1. Re: Which Hampton Inn?

Haven't stayed in either property, since I live nearby, but I've been in literally dozens of Hampton Inns across the country (used to be Hilton HHonors Diamond VIP) and have found nearly every one of them to be at or above Hilton's standards for the Hampton brand. I never worry about booking a room at a Hampton, at least not because of the quality of the property itself (the surrounding neighborhood can be another question in some places, though there's nothing to worry about on that score at either Alpharetta/Roswell location).

Neither is really within easy walking distance of much else -- the Alpharetta/Old Morris Road is sort of off by itself; it's convenient to a large number of stores and restaurants along Windward Parkway, but I doubt you'd want to walk it. -- not a very pedestrian-friendly area. The Roswell/Westside Parkway location has a couple of gas station/convenience stores, a Starbucks, a Wendy's, and a Waffle House in close walking distance -- Ray's Killer Creek Steakhouse and Miller's Ale House (a seafood/sports bar sort of place), an On the Border Mexican place, and Pappadeaux's Seafood are just a slightly longer walk, though again it's not a very pedestrian-friendly area. Just on the other side of GA 400 from the Westside location is the North Point Mall area, which has pretty much one of everything in the way major retail and chain restaurants, along with a handful of local/independent places that are worthwhile.

If you're househunting mainly in the Roswell area, I'd go for the Westside Parkway location -- it offers good access to neighborhoods on both sides of GA 400 (we live in east Roswell, near Centennial High, but are constantly over in the North Point/Mansell Road area.

If you're going to be including farther-flung areas of Alpharetta, Milton, and/or Forsyth County in your search, then the Windward location might be the better option.

california
reviews: 7
2. Re: Which Hampton Inn?

Thanks so much. I was worried since the photos showed 80s wallpaper borders. Looking forward to visiting.

3. Re: Which Hampton Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 28, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Alpharetta