We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casual Restaurant with Good View?

Which Alpharetta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Georgia
reviews: 23
Casual Restaurant with Good View?

My family lives in the Alpharetta area. When traveling, they enjoy going to casual restaurants or hotel decks with a good view. They often comment that they wish there were such a place back home. Somewhere that they can kick back, have dinner or a glass of wine and just enjoy the surroundings. We are thinking more of natural beauty. (woods, river, gardens, etc). This is for a retired couple and possibly family. It doesn't need to be "cool" or "posh".

So, I want to help them out. Is anyone aware of such a place in the Alpharetta, Duluth, Suwannee area? Actually, anywhere within an hour's drive of Alpharetta.

Thank you.

Roswell, GA
reviews: 4
1. Re: Casual Restaurant with Good View?

The problem is that there is not a whole lot of natural left in the Alpharetta area. 2 places come to mind.

The old Lickskillet Restaurant on Old Roswell Rd used to have nice gardens and such. Of course the Lickskillet went out of business several years ago. An Indian restaurant has opened at that location, the Moksha. I've not been there but have had samples of their food and it was very good.

The other place is Ray's on the River just inside I-285 at Powers' Ferry Rd. It's not casual, but has great food and views and gardens along the river. Try their Sunday brunch buffet, but come hungry.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 233
2. Re: Casual Restaurant with Good View?

I agree with Ray's on the River. The Sunday buffet is great and it has awesome views of the river. Make reservations so they will have a table near the windows for you.

Athens, Georgia
3. Re: Casual Restaurant with Good View?

Thanks to both of you. I will look into that.

atlanta ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 12
4. Re: Casual Restaurant with Good View?

Think about some of the resort hotels at Lake Lanier (now that the water is back), the food will be just OK, but some of the lake views should be nice, and you have the Magical Nights of Lights Christmas thing going on there during the holidays which is a perfect family event. (very close to suwannee, can take 400 north from alpharetta).

The same is true of the Evergreen Resort (Mariott) at Stone Mtn Park, which will also have some Christmas activities occuring.

Obviously the state parks that have lodges will also have nice views:

http://www.gastateparks.org/net/go/parks.aspx

Amicolola and Unicoi come to mind.

Alpharetta, GA
reviews: 29
5. Re: Casual Restaurant with Good View?

I would suggest "Smokejack's" in downtown Alpharetta. Fantastic BBQ, quaint setting in a nice little town.

Athens, Georgia
6. Re: Casual Restaurant with Good View?

Thank you for your posts. I will be moving back to Atlanta soon myself. I will enjoy chekcing out these places.

7. Re: Casual Restaurant with Good View?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 23, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Alpharetta