We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Fireplace Grill

Which Alpharetta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alpharetta
The Fireplace Grill

The Fireplace Grill is awful! First, You are greeted by the smell of cigarette smoke as soon as you walk in the place. I was told that the wait would be 30 minutes. I asked was there anywhere that our party of 7 could sit while we waited and was directed to the bar area where they were smoking. It wouldn't have been so bad if we DIDN'T HAVE CHILDREN WITH US! We opted to stand until they could at least get us an empty table. 30 minute wait turned into an hour and a half! No apologies offered! They sat us at the only table that didn't have overhead lighting (they said that the lights were broken) and we were told on multiple occassions that there was nothing that they could do about it. I even asked for a candle or two so that we could at least see the menu and our food. Again, nothing. We ordered our food and I ordered a salad and wanted ranch dressing. I was told that they were out of ranch. A couple of us ordered steak and was told that they were out of steak sauce. Oh and when we took our steaks home we found out (in the light) that the steaks were very pink when we ordered them well! Mind you, we could not see them in the restaurant because it was so dark!

After all of this, I asked for a discount off of our bill and in turn we were brought slices of old chocolate cake. 2 of the people in my party were allergic to chocolate!

This place is horrible! Poor service and the manager didn't have the decency to come over and apologize for the poor service that we were receiving. I support new businesses but this place is the pits and will not be around for long.

suwanee
1. Re: The Fireplace Grill

Hi, I am the owner of the fireplace grill. I am truly upset to hear about your experience. I was cooking that night. I didn't have any cooks. My dishwasher was hepling me as much as possible. With only three servers I was also very short on the floor. Unfortunately we didn't expect to have as many people for dinner that night as we did. We didn't have any idea that a table of 16 and 24 would walk in at the same time. I am used to Mother's Day being a brunch type day and not dinner. I was not ready for the amount of people we served that night. The entire weekend was a lot busier that I thought it would be.

I apologize for not having A-1 sauce for your steak. We did have Heinz 57, worcestershire, and of course the mushroom bordelaise sauce that normally accompanies the steak.

If I had known of your experience I would have addressed it on the spot.

I am not trying to make excuses but running a small business and trying to staff it for each day and still be profitable is a major challenge. I didn't live up that challenge and Sunday and I apologize.

Gainesville, Georgia
reviews: 358
2. Re: The Fireplace Grill

with such a correct response i think i would like to try this restaurant.

suwanee
3. Re: The Fireplace Grill

I forgot to mention that we don't allow smoking in our bar. We have a smoking area that is adjacent to the bar that has a separate HVAC. I am very sensitve to the smoking issue and I want to be able to provide for both parties involved. It concerns me that the smell of smoke was noticeable in the bar area. Let me assure you that I will look into this and, if needed, take corrective action.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 74
4. Re: The Fireplace Grill

Nice to see a restaurant with such a conscientious owner. I'm going to add this to my list if I'm ever in Alpharetta.

Roswel, GA
5. Re: The Fireplace Grill

Um okay, but if you need to ask for A-1, chances are you are not in a good steakhouse.

I was curious about that place.

6. Re: The Fireplace Grill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, September 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Alpharetta