We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

*Ping* RoswellMom

Which Alpharetta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Roswel, GA
*Ping* RoswellMom

BTW, Roswell Mom, I *had* to get a feel for your tastes, so I clicked your profile. I guess we agree on some places, but disagree on a few others. Slopes, Roswell’s best barbecue? Oy. True, Swallow at the Hallow is the only standout and the choices are limited after that since Pappy Red’s closed. But there’s another we may not see eye to eye.

That being said, I guess I can't come up with a No. 2 choice for Roswell cue.

Chequer’s is good for the price range for Sunday brunch, but give me the Ritz Carlton any day. The First China or whatever it is across from the hospital is okay for standard American Chinese, but well the sushi, no way.

Rasa Sayang, and Satay House are Malaysian, but do have American Chinese menus and I’d take either over First China. However, in both cases, give me the Malaysian menu. And Xian in the same shopping center as you-know-what is also much better IMHO.

I’ve been wondering about that Crabapple Tavern and have heard generally good things about Silo’s. I didn't realize they were the same peeps.

Have you tried Milton’s in that area? I’ve heard positive things about that. I miss Mrs. John’ B’s from that location though.

Alpine Pizza is good over there, though I prefer Bassano’s and Mario’s in the general Alpha/Ros/John's vicinity. Other than that, I got nothing for ya.

Roswell, Georgia
reviews: 348
11. Re: *Ping* RoswellMom

Without a doubt, Alpine Pizza has the best cake, pie & cookie bakery in town. You can also find their desserts at Ippolito's, Marietta Diner and Peachtree Diner. Totally Awesome desserts.

New seafood place in Roswell is the Lobster Trap. It's next to Peachtree Diner and located where Po' Folks then Charlie's once were. Great lobster special $20. for 1 1/2 pound steamed lobster. They just opened. Grand Opening next week I think. Their sign didn't even come in yet but we've been there twice already.

We really like Crabapple Tavern lots even though Queen Bee and Cantina Del Mar closed their doors. Great corn chowder and chicken tortilla soup. Great salads and sandwiches too. I wish they'd open Silo's Grill again but they said no way. That's how it goes.

We also just tried Vinny's this week. It's where Zapoli's was at Crabapple and Crossville in Roswell. Nice pizza.

BTW, Chequers Seafood Sunday Brunch is good but only once a year. I don't do all-you-can-eats. Lost 80 over the last 2 years and don't need to gain it back.

Lunch tomorrow - Two Brothers BBQ in Ball Ground. Yum!

12. Re: *Ping* RoswellMom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Alpharetta