We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

*Ping* RoswellMom

Which Alpharetta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Roswel, GA
*Ping* RoswellMom

BTW, Roswell Mom, I *had* to get a feel for your tastes, so I clicked your profile. I guess we agree on some places, but disagree on a few others. Slopes, Roswell’s best barbecue? Oy. True, Swallow at the Hallow is the only standout and the choices are limited after that since Pappy Red’s closed. But there’s another we may not see eye to eye.

That being said, I guess I can't come up with a No. 2 choice for Roswell cue.

Chequer’s is good for the price range for Sunday brunch, but give me the Ritz Carlton any day. The First China or whatever it is across from the hospital is okay for standard American Chinese, but well the sushi, no way.

Rasa Sayang, and Satay House are Malaysian, but do have American Chinese menus and I’d take either over First China. However, in both cases, give me the Malaysian menu. And Xian in the same shopping center as you-know-what is also much better IMHO.

I’ve been wondering about that Crabapple Tavern and have heard generally good things about Silo’s. I didn't realize they were the same peeps.

Have you tried Milton’s in that area? I’ve heard positive things about that. I miss Mrs. John’ B’s from that location though.

Alpine Pizza is good over there, though I prefer Bassano’s and Mario’s in the general Alpha/Ros/John's vicinity. Other than that, I got nothing for ya.

Roswell, GA
reviews: 20
1. Re: *Ping* RoswellMom

Wow, you know my stomping ground real well.

We loved Mr. John B's and miss it too. Milton's is good but quite expensive for what you get. Love dinner at Silo's grill. Best dinner salad you could ask for. Great martinis too. Crabapple Tavern has killer corn chowder. Totally delicious. Great calamari too.

We also love Village Tavern. Their soups are totally wonderful too.

Dic & Harry's is definitely my favorite for stone crabs, oysters, incredible crab cakes, wonderful lobster tails and great steaks. The Dik & Harry chopped salad is the best. For dessert, without a doubt, I recommend the flourless white chocolate pecan pie. Totally wonderful.

So what's for dinner?

Roswel, GA
2. Re: *Ping* RoswellMom

D & Harry’s in recent years has slid a bit and in fact has been sold. I have not been under the new ownership. When I said there are limited seafood choices, I mean specifically seafood restaurants. Some places do have good items. Mentioned in another thread, Oak Street Café I believe has better crabcakes than the D & Harry’s of 2007 http://oakstcafe.com/

Well then, at the same intersection where husband keggles is one of the best Cuban restaurants around. However, I think you said he bowls on Sundays and they are closed on said day. But go http://www.palomillasatlanta.com/

I’ve heard mixed reviews about that Pete’s Barbecue, also at that intersection.

Roswel, GA
3. Re: *Ping* RoswellMom

Good call R-Mom on Crabapple Tavern. Top notch wings, better than most burger were the highlights.

Roswel, GA
4. Re: *Ping* RoswellMom

So RoswellMom, if you are still out there. Have you been to this Dogwood Tavern out your way?

Gainesville, Georgia
reviews: 361
5. Re: *Ping* RoswellMom

has any one tried out the new location of spiced right bbq, formerly of lilburn now located in roswell? they were always good at the other location and i am anxious to see if they brought the same sauce recipes with them when they moved.

Roswel, GA
6. Re: *Ping* RoswellMom

Spiced Right is exactly like the Highway 29 location. If the owner is there, the ribs can be great. If not, trouble.

Roswell, GA
7. Re: *Ping* RoswellMom

RoswellDude - It's over a year since your posting but I'm going to reply anyway. With a comment like "Oy" I can only assume that you're mishpucha. If you don't know what that means, never mind.

We weren't big on Milton's. I thought it was overpriced for what you get.

I thought it was "Mr." John B's. We really liked it too but places come and go so we'll see what's next.

We love Crabapple Tavern for lunch or dinner. Always a great meal. The same couple owed Silo's Grill - our favorite local place - but they closed it when the landlord renovated the shopping center. Unfortunately, the renovation has left en empty shopping center, except for the nail salon or chinese take out. Good for them but not good for us. I really miss the place. They have since opened Cantina Del Mar - a mile or less east of the silos in Crabapple. Very nice sushi bar too, if I may add. I love the eel rolls and sashimi. Yum! It's hard to believe by the name that you'd find sushi here but it's surprisingly good too. The same couple also just opened Queen Bee on Mansell. It's almost across from Sam's where Logan's Roadhouse was. We like Queen Bee but we have friends that don't agree with us.

We eat out almost every day. Roswelldad and I go out for lunch at least 6 days a week and we let the kids come along for dinner. I'm not great in the kitchen so why not.

Have you been to Little Azio's. They have flat bread pizzas that are incredible. The hummus is past delicious too. This might be dinner tonight.

Alpine Pizza is another story. Are you talking about Alpine Bakery. OMG! We love that place. They are now open 7 days a week since they have a pizza takeout business in the bakery. The cookies and cakes are amazing. That's where we'll be headed to get a variety of desserts for our Labor Day Dinner this year.

I think I'm getting hungry again - Oy vay, just what I don't need. LOL

Roswel, GA
8. Re: *Ping* RoswellMom

Mom, well it's only been a few months so...yes Alpine Bakery I think calls themselves "& Pizzeria".

I have been to Del Mar--I live on the other end of Roswell, but I do like. I live much, much closer to Queen Bee. I have heard good things, but nothing great. I will finally get around to trying.

Honestly, I had heard mostly bad things about Little Azio.

If you like "authentic" Chinese, Sichaun-House in Johns Creek and Dynasty on Jones Bridge and State Bridge are the two best.

Both Mario's and Bassano's have closed. Diesel in downtown Roswell has potential but they are showing too many kinks in their first month.

Roswell, GA
9. Re: *Ping* RoswellMom

We love Little Azio's. It's a great family place and it's usually full during dinner. Give it a try.

Roswel, GA
10. Re: *Ping* RoswellMom

Well R-Mom, Queen Bee did not last long, but no great loss IMHO.

Get answers to your questions about Alpharetta