We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September 2013 itinerary and transfers

Which Belize hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 7
September 2013 itinerary and transfers

Hello,

My boyfriend and I are planning two weeks in Belize this September. I'd be grateful for any comments on our proposed itinerary.

5 night stay at Belcampo Lodge (ATM, river cruises, kayaking, hiking etc)

Then 2 nights at Tikal. i'm hoping to get to the border (presumably by taxi) and then have our Tikal tour guide drive us from the border. I looked at the accommodation options at Tikal and they don't look very appealing so we are considering camping in a tent at the Jaguar Inn. It sounds as though the rooms aren't much betterr than a tent anyway so thought perhaps this woukd be a good chance to save some money. Has anyone had any experience of camping there? Is this madness?!

We'll have to organise a transfer back across to Belize, maybe through a tour company. The next stop is Placencia as we are being picked up for a 5 night private island stay (snorkelling, fishing etc). What would be the most efficient way of getting from Tikal to Placencia?

Then, finally, we'll need to get from the island/placencia to San Pedro as I'm hoping on a 3 night stay at Victoria House (if they ever respond to my email) then back to the airport. We should be in San Pedro for independence day. If anyone has any suggestions for an alternative San Pedro hotel?

Does this sound like we are trying to do too much? Or have we missed something? Are there too many transfers? How should we transfer?

Would it be better to start the trip at Tikal thereby saving the Belize departure tax or is this, as i suspect, too tricky?

Apologies for the obscene number of questions! I'm a little overwhelmed by it at the moment!

Many thanks.

Chandler
reviews: 2
11. Re: September 2013 itinerary and transfers

"How did you find it" - as in "what did you think of it?"

:)

12. Re: September 2013 itinerary and transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 09, 2014