We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packages Or Not?

Which Belize hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salt Lake City
Packages Or Not?

I work for 911 and my son just got back from Iraq. Obviously I need a rest! My husband and I like to relax and snorkel but also are avid hikers and like to see stuff. I have looked at several packages, but don't know if that is the best way to go. I also don't know which companies are reputable. We would like to go the end of June. We don't mind the rain. We have been in Costa Rica in June and know how it rains!

Los Angeles
1. Re: Packages Or Not?

I'm in the process of planning a trip to Costa Rica in early July and wanted to know how bad the rain situation truly is. Obviously rain is inevitable but are you able to do normal activities? Or is it so heavy you have to stay inside?

Cork, Ireland
reviews: 22
2. Re: Packages Or Not?

I'd recommend researching Tripadvisor reviews and making your own bookings, that way your trip will be truly tailor-made.

We spent about a week in Belize, 3 nights in the Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve (great for hiking, lots to see - caves, waterfalls, Caracol) at the Pine Ridge Lodge (www.pineridgelodge.com) and 4 nights in Maya Beach/Placencia at Maya Beach Hotel (www.mayabeachhotel.com), and we had a wonderful time!

Baltimore
reviews: 1
3. Re: Packages Or Not?

I would recommend staying in the Stann Creek area. It has it all Reef, Ruins and Rainforest. My favorite is the Hamansi www.hamanasi.com If you are into planning ahead and resting when you get there, their web page has many options. You might want to sign up for half as many planned activities as you have days. That way you can be flexible when you get there. They have the best dive/snorkeling operation in the area. Although the ruins are minor ones, you will be able to get to one easily from there. If you really like mountains, hikingand ruins, split the trip between there and the Cayo District. The country is about the size of New Hampshire so getting anywhere is relatively easy if you have a rental car.

new york
reviews: 18
4. Re: Packages Or Not?

dbrannock, Where did you snorkle when you stayed in the Stann District? How is the weather there in July? Thanks!

Caye Caulker, Belize
reviews: 1
5. Re: Packages Or Not?

Its possible there might be rain showers in June but its not considered a rainy month. Rain showers are usually a downpour for an hour or so and then the sun is back up again.

Even if you stay on either San Pedro or Caye Caulker, yo u can do both reef and inland tours. At our hotel, we offer a package called the Inland / Island packages which includes a couple of day trips inland to Lamanai Maya Ruin and to do Cave Tubing.

Folks simply fly into Belize City in the morning to join the tour and then fly back out in the evening after the tour.

Thanks and cheers,

Wendy Auxillou

Auxillou Beach Suites

Caye Caulker, Belize

california
6. Re: Packages Or Not?

We were just there for spring break. We stayed at Robert's grove in placencia. All the water activity gears are free. THe view is spactacular. We then went to San Ignacio and did some adventurous stuff with "Tarzan" in jungle. His real name is Sabal and he will be your personal tiour guide. He and his wife Jeany are the warmest people you could be with. We went Through the jungle for monkey, bird,... watch. He even hunted for us for dinner and gave us homegrown tree in his beautiful rustic kitchen. Jeany made us fresh from scrach tortillas every Am. This was our highlight of the trip. He took us for a swim in blue hole. Go to sabaljungleretreat@yahoo.com and E-mail him. The owner also has a spa in New york who can be reached at mike@jeuvenexspa.com. My kids 12/14 had a blast!!!!!

california
7. Re: Packages Or Not?

He made us homegrown lemongrass tea. OOPS. not tree

he also knows all the tree species and the medicinal use. I hope you enjoy your trip as much as we did.

california
8. Re: Packages Or Not?

He made us homegrown lemongrass tea. OOPS. not tree

he also knows all the tree species and the medicinal use. I hope you enjoy your trip as much as we did.

9. Re: Packages Or Not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, August 12, 2009