We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early Apr. vs. early Jungle for jungle & SCUBA

Which Belize hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, AZ
reviews: 11
Early Apr. vs. early Jungle for jungle & SCUBA

I am taking my husband to Belize next spring for a milestone-birthday present. We plan to do 3-4 days in the jungle at a lodge and 3-4 days on Ambergris Caye, SCUBA diving. We can't really travel from mid-April until the first of June.

Here's my question: In terms of weather and price, which would be a better time to go, early April or early June? I'd prefer good visibility and warm water for the SCUBA and not too much rain to complicate things. Everything I've read has conflicting info about the "rainy season".

Please advise if you've been there in April or June (or if you live there).

Thanks in advance,

PHXscuba

Phoenix, AZ
1. Re: Early Apr. vs. early Jungle for jungle & SCUBA

OK, so I goofed on the topic's header, which should properly read "early Apr. vs. early June". Guess I've got Belize on the brain! :)

Bradenton, Florida
Destination Expert
for Bradenton, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 29
2. Re: Early Apr. vs. early Jungle for jungle & SCUBA

We now like to go in mid to late June, because of lobster season. The second half of June is really nice--lobster, plus decent weather. True, it may rain, some of the time, but not all day, so not bad at all, and lobster is in season--really good eating. Early April is still "in season" so likely to be much more expensive.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
reviews: 4
3. Re: Early Apr. vs. early Jungle for jungle & SCUBA

Visibility is best in April and May, before June rains. Rates lower in June.

Phoenix, AZ
4. Re: Early Apr. vs. early Jungle for jungle & SCUBA

Sounds like if we're doing the once-in-a-lifetime trip we should bite the bullet and go in April. Although it all sounds like we are going to love it so much we will return!

We have traveled (sans 4 kids) the last two years in late April and mid-May and found it a logistical nightmare with kids nearing the end of a school term. We have missed several important events and left on our trip very stressed. So we decided to consciously avoid traveling from mid-April to end of May when the kids get out.

Thanks for the input.

PHXscuba

5. Re: Early Apr. vs. early Jungle for jungle & SCUBA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 01, 2009