We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Belize, but where?

Which Belize hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Easton, Pennsylvania
reviews: 3
Honeymoon in Belize, but where?

I know what I want to do, but there seem to be so many options, I'm having a very hard time narrowing things down.

Here's what I'd like to do:

I'm planning on doing a 10 day trip or so. For the first part of the trip (3-4 days), we want to stay somewhere we can take day trips to ruins and the rainforest. For the second part, we want to stay somewhere that we can:

1 - go snorkeling from our hotel (as in, within walking distance)

2 - take snorkeling and scuda trip

3 - we'd also like this place to be closer to a resort than a hostel type of accomodation.

any suggestions would be appreciated

Bruceton Mills...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Honeymoon in Belize, but where?

You didn't mention budget but probably should have.

You might like Ambergris Caye. If I were going to go there for a honeymoon, I'd go to Victoria House. We saw it on TV and walked past it in February. I liked it. Its probably 1.5 miles south of San Pedro.

The snorkeling isn't great from the beach anywhere in Belize. It is excellent at the reef, though. Ambergris is only a 1/4 mile or so from the t reef.

We stayed at Banana Beach when we were there. It was also very nice and had excellent service.

In the Cayo district for ruins, etc. we stayed at Crystal Paradise. You might look at Chaa Creek too. It seemed appropriate for a honeymoon as well. There's others there but I'll let others help.

If you're interested in our pictures from our trips, check www.AlandSueJohnson.com

Belize link is on the left.

We've been to Caye Caulker, Ambergris Caye, Placencia and San Ignacio. We've seen most of the larger ruins in Belize and Tikal in Guatemala. There's pictures and comments from there as well.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

2. Re: Honeymoon in Belize, but where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:39 am, September 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Belize
Recent Conversations