We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siesta Key or Fort De Soto

Which Anna Maria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
Siesta Key or Fort De Soto

We will be in Clearwater Beach spring break and wanted to visit either Fort De Soto or Siesta Key. How do they compare to Clearwater Beach? Crowded, touristy, remote, sand, scenic etc? I'm just not sure how different they are. They both look so beautiful; I feel like I want to visit another beach.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
reviews: 43
1. Re: Siesta Key or Fort De Soto

memers, Have you decided yet on which beach you want to visit when you come to Florida? I know I have answered several of your posts regarding our beaches and I'll try to break it down for you to help you decide. First of all I am a native of Florida and I am familar with our beaches but you may not like the same things as I do. I go for less crowds, less concrete and more "old florida" charm, saying that, all beaches are beautiful to me but Clearwater is way too crowed, has way too many concrete high rises and is more of a "party" area for me. St. Petersburg is also too crowded, too hard to get around in traffic and is more of a retiree area. Fort Desoto has a wonderful park and depending on the time of year can be layed back and less crowded and is more remote, it is more of a family beach with lots of children. Siesta Key has beautiful beaches with white sand and clear blue water and I would choose it over St. Pete and Clearwater any day but for me the traffic and route to get there is always a hassle. My favorite is Anna Maria Island?Bradenton Beach, we were just there for the weekend and every time I go I remember why it is my favorite, you can get around easily, you have many choices of places to stay and eat and it has the small town feeling, no high rise buildings.

california
2. Re: Siesta Key or Fort De Soto

THanks so much. That really helps. It sounds like you and I are on the same wave length as far as types of beaches. I know, being from California, they are all beatutiful, but , as you say, some are way too crowded and a hassle to get to. I was looking at ANna Maria, and it did look like it was more "old Florida" If I even know what that means - but less crowded and scenic, not so touristy. I will check out ANna Maria, for sure. Thanks for the help; Again, thanks for the help

hot springs
3. Re: Siesta Key or Fort De Soto

Need help immediately..We live in Hot Springs, Ar. We are traveling south tomorrow for the long thanksgiving weekend, however we havent been able to decide where to go. We went to Orange Beach last thanksgiving and had a great time. We have checked so many places along the gulf and cannot decide. Please Help. Gulf Breeze is approximately 10 hours from us and since we are traveling with two teens that very well may be about my limit..but if you have any suggestions of something around that same distance I would dearly love to hear it. We love the beach and very basic hotels (we spend little time inside). Thanks so much!

4. Re: Siesta Key or Fort De Soto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 20, 2009