We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lots of questions

Which Anna Maria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nebraska
reviews: 18
Lots of questions

We are a family of six. I have been reading this forum for several months. We had originally decided on AMI for next March. Now that two of our kids are in high school, spring break is becoming the only time we can travel. We normally like to travel during off-season times. Is the water even swimmable in March? The kids will definitely want to swim, when would be the best time of year to travel in terms of lower crowds and warm gulf water? Also can you point me in the direction of where to stay? We would like a house, not a condo, preferably with a pool. Are all the beaches on AMI public or are there private beaches as well?

Nebraska
reviews: 18
11. Re: Lots of questions

Hi Lucille we are from Lincoln as well! Would love to hear your thoughts on your return. Also tell me where you stayed, etc. Thanks! Have a great trip.

Nebraska
reviews: 7
12. Re: Lots of questions

Will do! I plan on posting a trip report. We will be back the week of Memorial Day.

:)

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
reviews: 77
13. Re: Lots of questions

Echoing Kris, definitely June rather than March. Actually my favorite is May though your school calendar likely won't work with that.

As to one of the original questions, most of the beaches are public on the Keys around this area, though occasionally it may be a little challenge to find a place to park and an access point to the beach; not too bad on AMI, definitely tough on Siesta Key. On AMI there are some huge beach parking areas. In a few places private homeowners claim that the beach in front of their house is private but legally their privacy extends only to the high water mark in the sand; otherwise you can walk and swim and sit anywhere.

14. Re: Lots of questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:59 pm, April 19, 2012
Scotland
reviews: 116
15. Re: Lots of questions

We are planning way ahead for next year! We will exchange with timeshare hence the early booking.

Currently we're looking at AMI and Longboat Key. We've stayed previously on LOngboat Key but wondered what your views are on the differences between the two. Sorry to high jack the original post.

16. Re: Lots of questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, June 19, 2013