We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay??

Which Anna Maria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
Where to stay??

We are planning a trip to AMI in June 2009 for a wedding at the Sand Bar. We will be traveling with a 2 and 4 year old. We really would like a small beachfront property. I have looked at numerous hotels, condos, rentals, and nothing is standing out. Of course we would like to keep the budget as low as possible, but definately want ON THE BEACH. A hotel is fine as long as it has a little fridge for the kid's drinks and snacks. OF course, clean, no bugs, and a comfortable bed is a must as well. Thanks so much for any suggestions or directions to help make this rare beach trip fantastic!!

Bradenton, Florida
Destination Expert
for Bradenton, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 29
1. Re: Where to stay??

I'm sure others have more info, but my first thought is The Coconuts. Beachfront, actually walkable to the Sandbar, full kitchen, two beds in bedroom. May be a bit higher than you want, but clean and very functional.

Oxford, United...
reviews: 13
2. Re: Where to stay??

Agree, Coconuts would fit the bill - not luxurious but clean and fairly roomy, nice pool area and right on the beach.

La Costa is perhaps nicer as recently remodelled but in Bradenton Beach so a 10 minute drive away from the Sand Bar.

Also have a look at Bermuda Bay ( we've stayed here several times and really like it). Again on Bradenton Beach but nice townhouses with shared pool, just across from the beach and the realtor will often do a good deal on price if you push, particularly out of season ( June is not peak time).

floridabeachnbayproperty.com/bin/web/real_es…

If you want someting upscale have a look at http://annamaria.com/

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
reviews: 43
3. Re: Where to stay??

I would also recommend La Costa Condo's, we just had the pleasure of staying there and it is a beautiful property, the grounds are picture perfect and the unit we had (120) was amazing. I'm about to write a trip report about it, just trying to heal from my very fun but busy weekend.

London, United...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Where to stay??

My first post here, hi everyone!

We stayed at annamariabeachcottages.com in June 2007.

It's not right on the beach, but it's only a 20 yard walk away, and no roads to cross. My kids were 7 and 3 when we stayed there, it's fine for small kids.

We stayed in cottage # 107 which is a 2 bedroom place, with a kitchen and lounge, has private outdoor patio area and private out door shower.

Walk to the beach, turn right and Sandbar is approx 100 yards away.

Good luck with wherever you stay. AMI is paradise. We were there in August and will be back in 2010!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
reviews: 43
5. Re: Where to stay??

Hi LHR, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. We all share a great love for the island and love to share our experiences, join in at any time.

London, United...
6. Re: Where to stay??

Thanks Rusty!

Anna Maria FL USA
7. Re: Where to stay??

Try Bali Hai at 6900 Gulf Dr. in Holmes Beach 941 778 6604 . It is on the Beach and has a pool. Nothing too Fancy but Kid friendly.

The Cococnuts is also good . 100 73rd st Holmes Beach 941 778 2277. Hope this helps ...Sumo

8. Re: Where to stay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, October 14, 2009