We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anna Maria Island Beach Front Accomodations?

Which Anna Maria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reston, Virginia
reviews: 24
Anna Maria Island Beach Front Accomodations?

Hi, I would like to be down there Jul 2-9 or thereabouts and wonder if I can still find a place with a gulf view on the beach. I stayed in the area before and was in OK places that were very economical, but still kinda crummy. One had no pool and the other had one that never seemed to change the water in their small pool. I guess it was "old Florida?"

Will I still be able to find anything at this late date? I am flying to Orlando from Dulles Washington, DC and driving a rental car from there to somewhere. I love to stay at the beach within driving distance of restaurants. Preferably like to have a little kitchen to take care of some meals.

Peace and quiet is what I want so no big hotel will do.

Thanks a lot for your invaluable help.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
reviews: 43
1. Re: Anna Maria Island Beach Front Accomodations?

Twoguncharly, Not sure what you are looking for, "Old Florida" certainly doesnt mean "crummy" and I am at a lost to know any crummy places on the island. As far as the pool goes, you never change the water, you treat the water with chemicals.

There are many types of accomodations on the island, if you are going for only a few days I would recommend:

Tortuga Inn

Queens Gate

Trades Winds

Bridgewalk Resort

Bungalow Beach Resort

Blue Dolphin Inn

Silver Surf Resort

Cedar Cove Resort

Sandpebbles

Hope you have a good time

2. Re: Anna Maria Island Beach Front Accomodations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 02, 2009