We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Via Roma Beach Resort - Anna Marie Island

Which Anna Maria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Georgia
Via Roma Beach Resort - Anna Marie Island

Hi everyone,

Does anybody have any info on Via Roma Beach Resort ? We are looking at coming down in June. There are four of us, 2 adult and 2 children 8 & 15 yrs old.

We mainly just want to kick back and relax, but we do enjoy eating out, maybe a night out on the town.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 5
1. Re: Via Roma Beach Resort - Anna Marie Island

Hey!

I haven´t sleep there but I know this place...

It is right o n the beach and in Bradenton Beach...

There are several restaurants...

Beach House after a 20 min walk southward on the beach...

sharkys is just across the street and 5 min drive away there are lots of bars and restaurants on the island...

The whole island is really layed back and relaxing so you´re looking in the correct place!

15 min away in bradenton there are many other good restaurants for a nice evening out of town!

Sarasota is only 30 min away... just drive over longboat key (observe the speedlimit e v e r y w h e r e but especially on lonboat!!)

and go to st. Armands Circle... Nice athmosphere to walk, drink and chat!

Or go to main street in sarasota!

Nice restaurants and the gator club! (for dancing on weekends!)

Merritt Island...
reviews: 65
2. Re: Via Roma Beach Resort - Anna Marie Island

My family stayed at Via Roma years ago and liked it. Don't know how the rooms are now. Two buildings, 2 story, sit on each side of a pool in the middle. Most of the rooms open on a balcony facing the pool. A few are direct Gulf front and have the view. There is another 2 story unit across the street so be careful when makinga reservation. Probably cheaper but I wouldn't want to have to cross the street everyday to use the pool and beach. We've been going every summer for over 30 years and now stay in other condos. Plenty of restaurants and shops but most are a little bit of a walk. But driving is not a problem. Or the free trolley runs all day and evening. I believe there's a stop near there and it's an easy hop down to Bridge St. or up to the North end.

kalamazoo,mi
3. Re: Via Roma Beach Resort - Anna Marie Island

We love the island. With three teenagers the simplicity of the island feels very safe. We stayed at Cedar Cove Resort for the second time last week. I'd highly recommend it(cedarcovereort.com)

Tampa
reviews: 24
4. Re: Via Roma Beach Resort - Anna Marie Island

You might have found this url by now but I thought I would post it for others like me who were curious about this resort.

I live in Tampa and always bring my out of town visitors to Amelia Island and drive down longboat key to Sarasota it's a really beautiful area.

bluegreenonline.com/explore/…

5. Re: Via Roma Beach Resort - Anna Marie Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 30, 2009