We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aspen 1st week in October

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kentucky
reviews: 1
Aspen 1st week in October

My husband and I are traveling to Aspen on Oct 1st and staying at St. Regis for one week. I know nothing about the area. Any advice on food and activities would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. He is an avid biker and I like quaint places to eat.

Aspen, CO
reviews: 5
1. Re: Aspen 1st week in October

Check out www.aspensnowmass.com for resort-wide information, and also be sure to check the local papers when you arrive in town. Many restaurants that are still open will be moving into their off-season "locals" deals that are an excellent value at some very nice places. I personally like Rustique, Campo de Fiori, D19, and Matsuhisa and while they are higher end they may be running some specials. For casual places that are unique to Aspen the Red Onion and Little Annie's are long time favorites.

The Aspen gondola will have closed for the season, but you can still take the bus up to the Maroon Bells. Despite all of our snowfall this past weekend there should still be golden leaves.

Biking could be up in the air...is he road biking or mountain biking? Mountain biking will depend on what trails dry out following the storm or any future storms in the next few days. It will be best to ask at one of the local bike shops for the latest information.

If we don't get much further snow Independence Pass will likely remain open and if you have a car the views from the top are beautiful.

If you want to take it easy, the spa at the St. Regis is one of the finest, and the champagne in the lounge and the oxygen bar following treatments are truly unique.

2. Re: Aspen 1st week in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, August 20, 2009