We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maroon Bells Bus & Hiking Questions

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Effingham, Illinois
reviews: 50
Maroon Bells Bus & Hiking Questions

A few questions regarding visiting the Maroon Bells...

Are strollers allowed on the bus es to & from the Maroon Bells? We will likely have a jogging stroller for our 3 y/o, and though it folds up it still takes up space with its large air tires.

As for hikes near the Maroon Bells, what hikes are possible pushing the aforementioned jogging stroller? It looks like the Maroon Lake trail is paved/accessible. What kind of condition is the Scenic Loop Trail or Maroon Creek Trail? Dirt or small rocks should be fine. It's when the trial becomes larger rocks or has large roots or limbs to step over where it becomes an issue.

Thanks.

Aspen, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Aspen
1. Re: Maroon Bells Bus & Hiking Questions

I've no idea on the stroller question. Seems I've seen some. Here's some info to read:

fourteeners.org/ranges/…maroon.htm

Good info on all trails in the area:

aspenchamber.org/what-to-do/…

Aspen, Colorado
reviews: 1
2. Re: Maroon Bells Bus & Hiking Questions

Strollers are permitted on the bus. However, you'll not want to take the stroller on the scenic route trail. Although short and easy - there are definitely some areas it would be very plundersome with a stroller. I was just up there with our friends and their 2 boys, ages 1 and 2. The 2 year old had fun walking/exploring and when not cooperative we'd put him on dad's shoulders. The 1 year old we carried in a backpack. The lake's beautiful and for just to hanging around the lake, the stroller would be fine as the path is wide enough. It's not paved but even. The loop is short enough to park the stroller and carry the 3 year old on your shoulders. I hope that this helps!

3. Re: Maroon Bells Bus & Hiking Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 11, 2014