We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Casual Attire

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wethersfield...
Resort Casual Attire

I am heading to Aspen on business and the dress attire for dinner is resort casual. What does that mean? we are going to the st. regis for dinner one night and then caribou club another night.

Edited: 4:29 pm, February 14, 2013
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 85
1. Re: Resort Casual Attire

What time of year?

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 85
2. Re: Resort Casual Attire

When I hear the term "resort casual" I think of a cruise ship, lol!

Usually, resort casual means no denim, no tee shirts, especially with writing on them, no tennis shoes or flip flops, collared shirts or a sweater for men, khakis or similar slacks for men, skirt, slacks, pants suit, maybe dressier capris or simple dress for women. A nice tee shirt probably okay for women, esp. if paired with a scarf, jewelry, or under a sweater, shrug, or jacket. Shorts probably not appropriate for men or women at night.

"Aspen casual" is a little different, I think, in that you'll probably see designer jeans accepted just about anywhere.

caribouclub.com/information/…

Here's a similar previous question:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29141-i591-k41868…

Edited: 12:01 am, February 15, 2013
Aspen, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Aspen
3. Re: Resort Casual Attire

A business trip so think business casual. The people who go to the St. Regis and the Caribou Club do not dress like slobs. No hoodie or sneakers for sure. Got Armani, Varvatos, or Zegna and no tie and you'll blend in nicely with the rest of the FHM guys. Enjoy.

4. Re: Resort Casual Attire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 17, 2014