We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing Aspen Mtn

Which Aspen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boulder, Colorado
Skiing Aspen Mtn

Skiing Aspen in early March. Not been there since 1980. Yes, I'm old.

Questions:

1) Can we take the gondola, ski blues, eat lunch at Sundeck THEN take gondola down? I will have some intermediate skiers (teens) who probably should avoid the bottom half. I recall it being challenging and I don't want to catwalk that part.

The upper mid blue runs are okay for decent (but not super strong intermed) skiers who want no bumps, yes? I'm drawing a blank on that area.

2) Is 4mtn sports good place to rent for the week? Price competitive, good service etc.?

3) Do they really print name and address on lift tickets? A friend says they have for me a 40% coupon for a one day pass. Is that really transferable?

Thanks.

northern california
reviews: 2
1. Re: Skiing Aspen Mtn

1. yes, you can ake the gondola up and down. it's easy to spend the entire day skiing lots of groomed blue runs. I am a comfortable blue skiier and usually ski down at the end of the day. There are a couple of ways down, check with the mountain ambassadors.

You can easily avoid bumps if that's what you want. Those who want them can take that route and you can all meet up at the Ajax Express lift for the ride back to the top.

Consider Bonnies for lunch also.

Not sure on where to rent.

I have never had them write the name or anything on my ticket. We ski here frequently. We were there for two weeks in January. Don't know what kind of coupon your friend has but can't see what you have to loose by trying to use it.

Enjoy

Aspen, CO
reviews: 5
2. Re: Skiing Aspen Mtn

Sure, you can definitely download on the gondola, but you will lose style points for doing so. :-). You can take Spar or Copper down and then skiers left of Little Nell is easier versus the bumpy side known as Niagra. You can take summer road around and access Little Nell lower down. None of those options are more than basic intermediate.

There are plenty of blue groomers at the top as well as lots of blue bumps, but are you also planning on skiing Snowmass during your stay as well? That's where you'll find blue groomer heaven.

I do prefer 4 mountains sports. The free storage and intermountain transfer they provide is a great plus.

Technically, no, coupons, etc. are not transferable. Will ticket staff find out? Probably not. Lift tickets do have your name printed on them once you purchase.

3. Re: Skiing Aspen Mtn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 pm, August 26, 2009