We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rent a golf cart ???

Which Avalon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
reviews: 1
rent a golf cart ???

Our ship cruise will stop by Avalon Cruise port . I would like to know where to rent a golf cart with reasonable price. Does any one know how much the cost per day or per half of day . We are 4 adult members in our party . Do we fit in one golf car. What document is needed to rent a golf car ? I am open for all suggestions. Thank you .

8 replies to this topic
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
1. Re: rent a golf cart ???

Your cruise ship will shuttle you to the Green Pier. You can rent 4 and 6 passenger golf carts at these Catalina Island locations:

catalinaislandgolfcart.com/html/location_map…

You need to be 25 years and older, and have auto insurance. A $40 cash deposit is required at check in for 4 Passenger Golf Cart rental and $60 Cash deposit is required at check in for 6 Passenger. Deposits will be refunded less prorated charge for use over allotted time.

Price includes taxes and fees.

4 passenger cart for 2 hours: $80.00

6 passenger cart for 2 hours: $120.00

Early Bird Internet Specials

Available at 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM

4 passenger cart for 3 hours: $80.00 ( Special 3 hrs rental at 2 hour price )

6 passenger cart for 3 hours: $120.00 ( Special 3 hrs rental at 2 hour price )

Expect to pay the entire rental in cash. Lots of cruise people arrive with credit cards, and find they need cash. No alcohol allowed on carts. They will give you a map of the roads you are allowed on.

Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 104
2. Re: rent a golf cart ???

How much time do you have to explore Avalon? You can walk around the town easily. Do a little research on island sites and distances. You might find that you don't need to rent a cart at all. My wife and I visited a few years ago and walked almost everywhere. We walked up and back from the botanical garden and even took the trail from there up to the divide. We caught a ride up to airport and walked back to town, although this was a full day trip. Whatever you decide, you will have a wonderful time. Avalon is very nice.

John

california
3. Re: rent a golf cart ???

Thank you for your replies.

John,

This is our first cruise to see if we like cruising . Cruise ship will doc at Avalon port from 7:00am to 4:30pm . My husband is disable and can not walk a far distance . So I am thinking about renting the golf cart at this time.

CaNative,

Thanks for information about golf cart rental . I found the number and tried to contact them by phone . I would like to know how far the rental location and the cruise ship but no one answers my call and I leave them a massage . Hopefully someone will contact me soon .

I wonder if the Early Bird Internet Specials (Available at 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM)

means we need to be there to pick up the rental car at exactly at these hours to get the special price . This is our first cruise, I am not sure how long ( waiting time) to get off the big ship . So, it is hard for me to place an reservation on line for what time we need to pick up the golf car

if you know the answers, please share. Thank you

Edited: 11:34 pm, January 07, 2013
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
reviews: 42
4. Re: rent a golf cart ???

The green pier is about 2 blocks from the golf cart rental location, very close. We've never made a reservation, just walked up and rented the cart. But with the cruise ship being in town, I'm not sure how busy the golf cart rental company will be.

5. Re: rent a golf cart ???

I will be going here however I am 21. Is there a rental place which will still rent a car?

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
6. Re: rent a golf cart ???

Samatha,

There are no car rentals in Avalon, Catalina. Only golf carts. However, the driver must be 25 years old, and you have to show your driver's license, proof of age. Is there someone in your group who can drive for you?

catalinaislandgolfcart.com/html/…require

Wylie, Texas
reviews: 2
7. Re: rent a golf cart ???

We rented a golf cart and it was fantastic. You will not regret it. We rented a 4 person.

Covina, California
reviews: 2
8. Re: rent a golf cart ???

I've been on a few cruises and if the ship is docked, you basically just walk off, but if it is tendered (don't know if they do that in Avalon) they it could take a while

Reply to: rent a golf cart ???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted