We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leash-Free Beach?

Which Aptos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southrn California
reviews: 142
Leash-Free Beach?

Hello,

We are visiting for a week and trying to locate a place rumored to be leash-free-dog-frieldly beach called "Beer Can Beach."

Help in pinpointing or alternate suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

JudytheGypsy

7 replies to this topic
Rocklin, California
reviews: 20
1. Re: Leash-Free Beach?

Don't know about Beer Can Beach, but there is one in Moss Landing (between Aptos and Monterey) that's a leash-free beach. You get off Highway 1 and go through the Marina/restaurant area in Moss Landing and go to the end of the road.

Edited: 5:11 pm, August 08, 2012
Rocklin, California
reviews: 20
2. Re: Leash-Free Beach?

Actually, just googled Beer Can Beach Santa Cruz and found several links - here's one w/ a map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Sumner+Ave%2C+Aptos%2C+CA

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 77
3. Re: Leash-Free Beach?

I looked up Beer Can Beach too - I've been there, just didn't know it was named that - LOL. I've never spent too much time around Seascape Village though.

Southrn California
reviews: 142
4. Re: Leash-Free Beach?

Thanks so much for the information and insights!

Arizona
reviews: 5
5. Re: Leash-Free Beach?

Could it be that Moss Landing changed it's policy? We are planning to visit Aptos soon and are looking for an off leash beach. But when I go to the Moss Landing State Beach web page it states that dogs are not allowed at that beach at all..do you have any recommendations for us?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 6
6. Re: Leash-Free Beach?

There aren't too many leash free dog beaches in the Santa Cruz area. Here is a list of beaches which allow dogs, including some which allow them off leash.

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Off+Leash+Dog+Beach&find_loc=Santa+Cruz%2C+CA

Arizona
reviews: 5
7. Re: Leash-Free Beach?

Thank you so much for your help!

Reply to: Leash-Free Beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted