We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland next week - questions!!!!

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 4
Disneyland next week - questions!!!!

Hi - I posted this in the other thread, but haven't gotten a direct response yet, so if anyone could help me out, that would be great!

I've been to Disneyland myself numerous times, but I'm sending my 14 year old daughter and her friend their on their own as my daughter's birthday present and am looking for some answers.

1) I booked a kid's suite at the La Quinta Inn and Suites. It seemed pretty desirable - a pool, free breakfast, 2 separate rooms for us, and is a Good Neighbor Hotel. However, I came here nad read pretty horrible reviews. Do you know anything about this hotel? Location, or anything? I'm highly nervous now.

2) Regarding the ART transportation, is it safe? Could I put 2 14 year olds on it by themselves? When is the first pick up and the last return time? They will want to go early and stay until closing probably, so I'm wondering what the times for the transportation are.

3) Are there any good, cheap, easy restaurants in either of the parks or in Downtown Disney that you would reccomend?

4) I have never been to California Adventure myself, and the girls are pretty excited. Do you have any ride recommendations for them? I don't know what's good.

5) If the girls want to get there early (opening), what would you recommend for hitting the most number of rides before the lines get long? Where should the start? Also, is it possible to get in to the park before it opens?

Sorry for so many questions, but I'm anticipating this trip and am very curious! Thanks in advance for the help!

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 27
1. Re: Disneyland next week - questions!!!!

I'll answer the parts of this that I feel prepared to answer:

4) My teenaged girls loved Grizzly Rapids, Flying Over California, and California Screaming. Also, amazingly enough, Bug's LIfe 3-D

5) Again, for some reason (maybe tradition), my daughters get a kick out of some of the rides in Fantasyland (Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, etc.) If they are of such a mind,they should go there first, as these lines move very slowly once they form, and there are no fast passes. As soon as they're done there, they should get a fast pass for the ride they most want to hit next, which may be Indiana Jones or Splash Mountain.

I don't know anything about ART transportation- we always stay walking distance from the park- but I would imagine anytime the park is open, it would be running.

Salem, Oregon
reviews: 5
2. Re: Disneyland next week - questions!!!!

ART Transportation is great. It is full of families and is very safe. The first run starts 1/2 hour before the park opens and ends 20-30 minutes after the park closes. We rode it alot last May. As long as they do not get off of it, it's fine.

La Quinta: I personally would not stay there. My sister stayed there for one night and then got the heck out of dodge quickly.

Cheap Restaurants: In Disneyland is the Hungry Bear (Burgers and Fries) and Pizza Port. Both of these restrauants your kids can eat for under 10.00 a piece for a meal. That's about as cheap as you get in the Park.

5) If you get there when the park opens, tell them to head right to Indiana Jones. Next hit Splash Mountain. They should be able to walk right on those rides. Most important, walk down to the park the night before and get a map. Make a plan the night before and then stick to it. My best friend and I went last July and only had one day. We were able to ride Indie, Splash, Mattahorn, Pirates, Peter Pan, Thunder Mountain, and the Pooh Bear ride all before 10:30 am. For high season this was really good. After about 11:30 the lines start getting really long!

4) California Adventure: They have to do Soarin', Tower of Terror, and Screamin". They are fantastic. Also, don't pass up the shows. Stop and see Aladdin at CA. It is as good as any Broadway show and they will love it.

Have fun!!!!

Spokane, WA
reviews: 19
3. Re: Disneyland next week - questions!!!!

I have to agree with the previous poster about the rides at California Adventure. The Grizzly River Run is by far my favorite. Plan on getting wet. Soaring over California is also fantastic. I think I had more fun at CA than I did at Disneyland. Did you purchase the fast pass? The fast pass tickets are great. You go up to a ride put in your ticket and you get a ticket back that tells you what time to come back to the ride, and you get to go stright to the front of the line. Highly recommend these.

Boston...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Disneyland next week - questions!!!!

I wanted to give you a good piece of advice for Disney and California Adventure, SOOOO many visitors over look. It's called the speed pass I think. Each ride has a wating time usually. When they arrive at the park and the lines get long have them go to a ride they want to do. They have special machines located very near or next to the enterence of the ride. You insert your ticket and it gives you a pass that has a time listed on it. The girls can then go off and ride other rides and return at the time listed on the pass. They jump to the head of the line, very little waiting. Best of luck, I hope I gave the right name for the pass, but if you ask someone they can expain it better at the parks.

Berkeley, CA
5. Re: Disneyland next week - questions!!!!

Hi - we were there last week for 3 days ao I can respond to a couple of your questions.

2) ART

If you're staying on South Harbour you probably won't use the trams. Teenage girls should be in good enough shape to do 1 10-mimute walk (faster than waiting for the trams when the park closes).

4) California Adventures

It seemed to me that Soarin' was much more crowded than Tower of Terror. Grizzly was also a great ride. My advice would be to GET THERE WHEN THE PARK FIRST OPENS, get a Fastpass for for Soarin' and then ride Grizzly before moving on to Tower. After Tower you can then come back for Soarin'. I did not do California Screamin' but I would head out there after Soarin'

5) Best bang for your buck

More important than anything - get to the park at least 30 minutes before the gates open. We got to the Disnayland gates when it first opened, got a Fastpass for Indiana Jones, and then rode Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates before returning to Indiana. By getting there when the park opened we did 5 rides in 2 hours