We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland Visit

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, New...
reviews: 1
Disneyland Visit

Hi there,

I am planning a trip to Anaheim, California for group of 8 adults and 8children. We are planning to visit Oct/Nov 2007- or Jan/ Mar 2008.

We want to stay in Anaheim for 10 nights before flying to Oahu, Hawaii on our way back to New Zealand.

Here are some questions I have:

1) What is the best time to travel when Disneyland/ shopping centre's are not very busy, aswell as the weather being very warm-hot.

2) Whats the best hotel that is affordable (2-3star) and looks and feels great, and preferably not to far from Disneyland.

3) Please advise me of best shopping centre's and markets

4) Whats the approx. rate to hire 2 mini vans

5) What do you recommend we must do to make our trip extra special other than visitting theme/ adventure parks?

6) how much money do you recommend each adult must take that will suffice? (please note that NZ money is $1 to US 60cents- so we will be losing out on money!!@- hence why Im planning thoroughly!!)

> and anything else you might want to add!!!

Thanks-

Wellington, New...
reviews: 1
11. Re: Disneyland Visit

Hi there, thank you all for all your advice!! And yes 'jldev' I will keep in touch with you, as you are local and wellington and know all about $$ etc- May I ask how much was the total cost of your trip???Thanks great. I was originally thinking May- because its jusy before the american summer (busy time) so it'll be quite warm weather. which means we could now change plans to May 2008- I dont mind waiting the extra couple of months, coz as I said above that who knows when we will go again, so make it the trip of a lifetime I say!! I will look into that motel aswell- I've been told that the anabella hotel is pretty good? anyone got any feedback on Anabella Hotel.

Im very excited, also how long is the travel to LAX from NZ, anyone know? I'd also love more advice on itinerary or what to do in the 10 days we will be in Anaheim- wed also like to check out Knotts berry farm, Universal studios and Hollywood.

Thanks all!!

Honolulu, Hawaii
reviews: 10
12. Re: Disneyland Visit

We just got back from Disneyland. We were there for 6 days and 7 nights (Sept 30 - Oct 7). It was a great time to go. The lines weren't too bad and the weather was great (mid to low 70s during the day and in the 60s at night). Excluding airfare the trip cost us (2 adults and a 4 and 2 year old) about $3,200 for everything (hotel, rental van, Disney passes, food, souvenirs, etc.) Here's a breakdown:

- We stayed at the Embassy Suites South. The suite was $783 for 7 nights (includes taxes). The rate was $99 a night and it included a full breakfast and free drinks (beer, wine, soda, mixed drinks) and popcorn at night. The free breakfast probably saved about $25 a day and its always nice to have those cocktails after a long day at Disneyland. I made my reservations at hilton.com. Its better to make them far in advance since as you get nearer to the date the price usually goes up and there is no charge as long as you cancel within the prescribed time and don't make the prepaid reservations. We drove our van to Disneyland (its too far to walk) and paid the $11 fee.

- We rented a van from Alamo for $220 (includes taxes). We made the reservations directly with Alamo. Again its better to make them far in advance since as you get nearer to the date the price usually goes up and you don't have to give a credit card.

- We got a 5 day park hopper directly from disney.com ($179 per adult and $149 for the 4 year old) for a total of $507.

- We also went to Knotts. We found a deal from the Knotts website that if you bring a Pepsi product you get $15 per adult. Check the website before you go to find the deals. Total price was $64.95.

- The other costs were primarily food, souvenirs and clothes, and gas. We always go to Ontario Mills outlet (about 45 minutes from Disneyland). My wife finds some great deals there. We also went to the Disneyland Warehouse and got some good deals as well. We've been to South Coast, Main Place, Fashion Island in the past and found that there weren't very good deals there.

- We probably spent about $200 in cash during the trip. You can charge just about everything.

Hope this helps. Happy planning.

13. Re: Disneyland Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, August 26, 2009