We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of the year for Disneyland?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra, Australia
Best time of the year for Disneyland?

Hey everyone,

I've actually just recently been over the the States for the first time in January 2014, and absolutely loved it! However, when I went to Disneyland on the 6th January it was still really busy from the Christmas holidays and I only managed to go on one ride. Also, 7 hours at the park was definitely not enough.

So I am planning to go back to America again in 2016 after I graduate from university and save some money (planning early!) and am definitely going to be heading back to Disneyland again, and this time for around 4-5 days instead of 1. I was just wondering what was the best time of the year to plan a trip to Disneyland? I was going to make my stay during the week so that I can avoid weekend crowds too. But is there a best month for it?

Thank you,

Anita.

Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 3
31. Re: Best time of the year for Disneyland?

Here are three history related places in Orange County:

Mission San Juan Capistrano - One of the old California missions from the days of when Calif. was part of Mexico and Spain. Beautiful grounds. In the town of San Juan Capistrano. It can be reached by train. The mission is a short walk from the train station.

The historic Queen Mary in Long Beach - A maritime museum and floating hotel. The ship not only was host the the rich and famous, but was a transport ship during World War II. I don't think there are any tours available from Anaheim, so hiring a car or taking a taxi would be necessary. Although it may be possible to take public transportation, I don't think so. Once there, there is a fee to enter and do a self tour and a more expensive fee that includes a guided tour.

There is a presidential library in Yorba Linda to the east of Anaheim, the Richard M. Nixon Birthplace and Presidential Library (similar to a museum). It is also the final resting place of President Nixon and First Lady Pat Nixon. He is most famous for the Watergate Scandal and opening up relations with China. To get there, you would need a car.

In addition to these, Knott's Berry Farm has a replica of our Independence Hall and inside is a replica of the Liberty Bell. Also inside is an audio reinactment of the days leading up to the signing of the Declaration of Independence. It is in a room that is set up to look like the first Continental Congress inside Independence Hall in Philidelphia. This is free to enter, as it was meant to be by Walter Knott. This area and the California Market Place are free to enter. The Market Place includes the place that started it all in the early 1930's, the famous Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant (fried chicken dinners with all the fixings plus other menu items are available). Mrs. Knott's has old memorbilia pertaining to the restaurant on the walls as you enter. Photos, early menus, newspaper articles, and guest books that include some names of old Hollywood stars and famous musicians. Inside the park, there are at least a couple of buildings that were brought in from old west towns. I like the old school house, which usually has someone working inside who will tell you what it was like going to school back then. The Old Trails Museum is a small museum inside the Ghost Town section with tools the farmers used to use and other things. It also has a section devoted to Knott's Berry Farm history.

I don't know if you saw it already, but Disneyland Park has a small museum type room inside the Main Street Opera House called the Disney Gallery. As you walk in, you see the bench Walt Disney was sitting on when he first thought of the idea to make a park of his own, a park where parents could enjoy rides with their children. Further inside, past the Disney Gallery is a small exhibit dedicated to President Lincoln. Inside Main Street Disneyland Railroad Station's building, there is some memorabila up on the walls or behind glass, mostly to do with trains and Walt's love of them. I think most people don't notice those things because of the way the queues go, or because the queues move quick enough not to travel through there often. I only saw them because I was waiting for a requested tender ride a few years ago and needed to wait in that area.

Edited: 2:36 am, May 01, 2014
Canberra, Australia
32. Re: Best time of the year for Disneyland?

Redlands, thank you so much for telling me those little things about Disneyland. I've never heard of them or saw any of that when I was there. Probably because my mind was like 'omg I'm actually here' and I rushed around but I love to explore smaller things that other people may brush over as just a bench or something

Any other insider tips? Haha.

Now I'm also looking at Knotts berry farm. Seems fun :)

Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 3
33. Re: Best time of the year for Disneyland?

You will enjoy this video:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HcWzOvivs_A

Canberra, Australia
34. Re: Best time of the year for Disneyland?

Thank you,

I'll definitely watch it when I get home and connect to my wifi. That and it's longer than my break I'm currently on at work haha.

This is why I love forums, you all are so nice :)

35. Re: Best time of the year for Disneyland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, today