We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel help please

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 9
Hotel help please

Hi all,

Sending myself crazy with choosing a hotel for Disney visit and would very much appreciate some TA help.

Looking for 4 nights, first week August for 2 adults and 2 young kids aged 8 & 6 yrs.

Have narrowed it down to a few options and read all the reviews, pored over the websites but know that website pictures are not always as then seem!

I heard that the lead in rooms are perhaps not always best so here are my options.

I think I have the hotels that are the closest to the parks

Tropicana Inn - Disney executive suite

Park Vue Inn - 1 queen and 1 bunk . Do they still have a daily resort fee?

Best Western Park Place Inn - 2 queen and sofa bed

Carousel Inn- kids suite or concierge 2 queen

Looked at Disney hotels but they are pretty pricey for somewhere we will just sleep.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions you may have .

melbourne
reviews: 3
1. Re: Hotel help please

We stayed in the Queen + bunk bed room at the Park Vue. It's a standard room, but we were very happy. Breakfast is also very basic, but fine for us. I don't think they have a resort fee.

Gold Coast...
reviews: 16
2. Re: Hotel help please

Omg I am in the same boat.. It is doing my head in trying to choose one!! I would love to hear what you end up choosing.. I am leaning towards Park vue also,( queen x2 and bunks) del sol inn(kids bunk room) and the best western plus park place( 2 x queens and sofa area) and also howard johnsons kids suite however it is way more expensive than the other!

Who knew picking accommodation could be so hard.

:)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 352
3. Re: Hotel help please

Of those listed I think the Best Western Park Place Inn. I think it is the best maintained of the group.

tucson, az
reviews: 6
4. Re: Hotel help please

I prefer the Best Western Park Place Inn but in 2012 we ended up at the Tropicana (Best Western was booked up) and it looked newly renovated.

reviews: 767
5. Re: Hotel help please

We enjoyed The Sheraton Park Hotel. Great pool there, restaurants, lounge, comfy beds and very clean rooms. :).

Vancouver Island BC...
reviews: 60
6. Re: Hotel help please

You are on the right track for sure with these two hotels:

Tropicana Inn and Park Vue Inn

My coworker who is a Disney expert says he LOVES Tropicana. Clean, basic hotel room.

We have stayed at the Park Vue and it is now our Go to place... The breakfast is wonderful (and free). The bunk beds are great for kids. The rooms are small but the location directly across from the park entrance is FABULOUS.

We have also stayed at the Howard Johnson down the road as they have spacious rooms and a great pool play area for kids but the extra distance between the park and the hotel felt like a mile after having been at the park on our feet all day.

Good luck making your choice!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 87
7. Re: Hotel help please

You have lots of other options as well.

Here is a Map of Hotels in the Disneyland area so you can see where things are located. The Disneyland Main Entrance is off of Harbor Blvd near where it says "East Shuttle Area" on the Map.

…10-best.info/disney_map.pdf

Of the ones you have mentioned in close walking distance. The Best Western Park Place Inn..... would be the closest to the entrance and the best run small Motel.

The Carousel Inn... has thier only good reviews from the Club Level and suites. But they are quite pricy when compared to other places.

Tropicana Inn... is also ok to stay at, but not as well run as some of the others Imo.

Park Vue Inn... is also a standard Motel. They do charge a 1 night stay though upfront which is refunded if you cancel enough ahead of time.

Others you could look at,

The Faifield Inn... which is a Hotel with comfy beds, but mostly exterior corridors about an 8 min walk. Anaheim Desert Inn.... usually the least expensive standard well rated Motel closest to the entrance if you book far enough in advance.

Candy Cane Inn... very well rated standard Motel, although its about a 10 min walk to the Turnstiles, they do offer thier own free shuttle, and comfy beds.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
8. Re: Hotel help please

Dallas H,

I would leave the Del Sol off your list. It just has not had a good rating over a longer period of time, and there are other basic standard Motels that are better rated.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
9. Re: Hotel help please

>>>"I heard that the lead in rooms are perhaps not always best so here are my options">>>

Also not sure exactly what you mean here? can you please add some info?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 352
10. Re: Hotel help please

>>>Also not sure exactly what you mean here? can you please add some info?<<<

I think they mean the pictures of the rooms featured on their websites are not a good representation of the actual rooms when you get there.