We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland at Easter?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Disneyland at Easter?

Hi there,

We made the terrible mistake of accidentally booking our trip to Disneyland during the Easter school holidays! We will be heading to Disneyland on Tuesday April 22 and California Adventure on Wednesday April 23. Good Friday is April 18 and Easter Sunday is April 20, if that helps assess crowd levels at all? Unfortunately we don't have any time in our trip to spend an extra day or 2 at Disneyland. Can anyone suggest a 'plan of attack' so that we don't spend the entire day in 2 hour-long lines? Has anyone been to Disneyland the week after Easter before? We don't have a parkhopper ticket.

Thanks in advance!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 87
1. Re: Disneyland at Easter?

Well it wont be as bad likely as it could have been... Most Schools that have that break will take off the full week BEFORE Easter Sunday as a Spring Break, with only some taking the full week after...So crowds are not likely to be nearly as bad. And since Easter falls so late in April this year, some may even be taking it earlier in the Month.

Good advice is to arrive right when the Park opens as there is less wait times on most rides that first few hours after opening time. And take advantage of the free Fastpass system. Heres a good article on the Fastpass system and how to use it at Disneyland to its best avantage.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29092-c3632/Anaheim:…

In Disneyland Park....Rides such as Space Mountain, Star Tours, and Splash Mountain are quite popular along with the very popular Indiana Jones ride ( which is a ride at Disneyland) and should be done first thing, or pick up a Fastpass to use later.... Fantasyland rides such as Dumbo and PeterPans flight are very popular and always have a line but no Fastpass, so those should also be done first thing if you are interested in them.

In California Adventure Park...things are a little different. Radiator Springs Racer ride has the longest line really of any attraction still in the Parks, so if you can go "single rider" thats a good option with not alot of wait time. Or, you would want to be in line at the Park entrance 30 min before regular Park opening time as they open up part of the Park to pick up a Fastpass for that ride at that time. Likely to take you about a 30 min wait or so, and then about the same when you come back to actually use the Fastpass or more. Lines can be up to 2 hours long, so you can also just be prepared to wait in line about an hour at least, but the wait is somewhat interesting as there are things to see along alot of the way to keep it interesting so its not that bad Imo.

World of Color show.... also has a separate Fastpass like Radiator Springs Racer ride that is not linked to the Fastpass system... You have various options of going to the Grizzley river Run ride Fastpass area where the World of Color Fastpasses are dispensed till they are gone ( you could do that right after you get one for Radiator Springs Racer ride, if you went at the early time mentioned, and easily be able to pick up a Fastpass for World of Color. There are also dining options where you can eat at a restaurant, and then have a reserved viewing Fastpass for a different area where the show is.

https:/…

Hours though at Disneyland are likely to still be more of less maximum hours of around 8am till 12pm, and nightly Fireworks, Fantasmic and World of Color shows. Hours should show up about 6 weeks out on the Disneyland.com Calendar.

2. Re: Disneyland at Easter?

Thank you so much for your reply. I am pleased to see that what you wrote was similar to what I thought was the right thing to do! I'm absolutely gutted that the Indiana jones ride will be closed. But oh well, plenty of other good things will be open. And I'm desperate to go on the radiator springs racers so I'll make sure I'm there nice and early and go straight there to get a fast pass.

Thank you for your help!

california
reviews: 5
3. Re: Disneyland at Easter?

I'm going around the same time as you...I'm pretty bummed about Indiana Jones :-(

But at least Pirates Of The Caribbean will be open, it was rumored to be down too but things are looking good now. It's hard to plan and know what rides will be down and it can be such a let down.

Luckily there is SO much else to see and do.

Happy planning!

4. Re: Disneyland at Easter?

Id rather Indiana jones was open over pirates cos we're going to disney world too on our trip so we can do pirates there! Indy is only at Disneyland though! Can't wait though!!

Victoria, Australia
reviews: 15
5. Re: Disneyland at Easter?

Hi there! We too will be visiting Disneyland the week before Easter!

Can you please tell me how you know that Indiana Jones will not be operating and how I find out if any other rides are not open??

Thanks, Bec :)

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 8
6. Re: Disneyland at Easter?

Here's a link for Disneyland's refurbishment schedule:

touringplans.com/disneyland-resort/closures

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
7. Re: Disneyland at Easter?

Becstar21,

Keep in mind that this year the refurbishment schedule so far has been changed around so many time no one can keep up with the changes. touring plans mentioned is just a basic planning website that lists what Disneyland does.

I would suggest waiting till right before your visit before worrying for this Spring what may or may not be closed, things are changing almost from day to day right now which is very unusual for Disneyland.

In a few weeks or so when its about 6 weeks out you can look at the Disneyland.com website to see what actually may be closed or not, and even that may change around before your visit theres just no telling as Disneyland seems to not be sure what they want to do yet.

Edited: 10:35 pm, February 16, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
8. Re: Disneyland at Easter?

Becstar21,

I should have added, expect things to be very busy at Disneyland, as alot of Schools will be taking thier Spring Break the full week before Easter Sunday when you are visiting. Bring your patience along you will likely need it....

Victoria, Australia
9. Re: Disneyland at Easter?

thanks Kibbles :)

Victoria, Australia
10. Re: Disneyland at Easter?

Thankyou too Happytorip:)

Our dates will actually be 7th April to 13th so fingers crossed we might avoid the main busy period?!

But we will keep in mind that it may be very busy and be prepared to wait!