We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland - Best Views!

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
reviews: 30
Disneyland - Best Views!

We are planning a trip in March 2014 and would like to know which Hotel/Resort has best view of Disneyland. If you could also provide floor and room info that would be great!!!! We are traveling with kids.

14 replies to this topic
Santa Clara...
reviews: 17
1. Re: Disneyland - Best Views!

Views of what? We stayed at the HOJO in November and had park view rooms in the tower building. The last room of the floor furthest away from the elevator has the best unobstructed views of the fireworks. Can not remember the number. But must be in the teens and maybe xx20? Just ask for the end room. They won't gurantee ahead but we called the day before and day of arrival and had no issues with requests. We needed somw connecting rooms. We had multiple rooms on the floor but folks with room in the middle had trees outside their balcony. The higher floors the better.

You can see the Matterhorn and the kids enjoyed looking at the Monorail go by. We were close enough we heard the music from the fireworks. But rooms are very very sound proof so once you close out, it's very quiet.

Edited: 3:40 pm, January 11, 2014
Houston, Texas
2. Re: Disneyland - Best Views!

We would prefer view of the theme park(s) - I believe from pictures people have posted that it's the Grand Californian that has the best views but not sure.

Santa Clara...
reviews: 17
3. Re: Disneyland - Best Views!

Do you have a budget? The Grand Californian is right in Downtown Disney so yes you can see the park but I think it's mostly of DCA because it's literally attached to it. Will let others answer since I have not stayed there due to cost and the size of our group. It's the best location with kids if that's something you can afford. Still on my list on a future trip. I am sure the view rooms come as a premium in addition to the already premium price for its location and quality.

Edited: 4:18 pm, January 11, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 85
4. Re: Disneyland - Best Views!

Keep in mind that the Resorts are boardered by alot of trees ect around the outside of both the Parks property. So while you can have somewhat of a view from surrounding Hotels and even the Disneyland ones, there are going to be alot of obstructions to a total view.

The Grand Californian would offer pretty good views of California Adventure Park for some rooms since its located right next to that Park, but rooms are not guaranteed to be a certain view really at any of the Disney owned properties that Im aware of including the Grand Californian. Even in that Hotel, a Disney view can be quite obstructed for really seeing Disneyland Park. the other two Disney owned Hotels would be a little father from the Park really and not offer that great of views either necessarily.

So...Im not sure I would be that invested with finding a room just based on the view, as it may not be worth it really and likely an extra cost. But that just my opinion, and you may feel that its worth it to you.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 343
5. Re: Disneyland - Best Views!

There are no hotels that look down into Disneyland. As others have said it is surrounded by a berm covered in trees generally, specifically to shut out the outside world.

You can look down into Disney's California Adventure from Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel or Disney's Grand Californian.

The best you can hope for from other hotels is to be able to see the fireworks or the top of attractions like Matterhorn and Space Mountain.

california
reviews: 5
6. Re: Disneyland - Best Views!

I thought that I had read that the Sheraton Park had great views of Disneyland, night wanna check them out online.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 85
7. Re: Disneyland - Best Views!

Sheraton Park is on the South side of Disneyland, so you get a somewhat decent view of the larger stuff in California Adventure Park that sticks up higher. But, the backside of the Mountains in Carsland do stick up quite alot to hide things. Disneyland Park is really too obstructed to see much. Heres a few photos thats would be pretty much the best of the view you may get. You can click in the photos to get more specific room view photos.

tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotos-g29092-d21721…

Edited: 2:00 am, January 12, 2014
Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 3
8. Re: Disneyland - Best Views!

Sheraton Park has overall views of Disneyland Resort. As happytotrip has said, it is DCA Park that is in the foreground of that view. The upper floors in the park view section have a better overall view than lower floors, I assume. You can see some views on the review pages.

HoJo's gives glimses of Disneyland Park with the right room. But not much.

Edited: 4:54 am, January 12, 2014
Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 3
9. Re: Disneyland - Best Views!

It looks like the Grand Californian has some rooms that face Downtown Disney. We imagined that it would be nice to return to your hotel within the Disney atmosphere, look up, and say that's our room. We had parking there for our trip, which was a prize. We stayed in the Dream Suite, located over the Pirates of the Caribbean. That, of course, is an excellent view of one section of Disneyland Park. Even there guests won't get a 360 view of Disneyland. No view of anything outside of the Rivers of America area and limited views of the fireworks.

If you have the money to spend on a Disneyland Resort Hotel, it is nice to have that Disney feeling around you and you may want to consider if you want that rather than views. (They don't really honor room location requests well, from most reports.)

Edited: 5:12 am, January 12, 2014
Houston, Texas
10. Re: Disneyland - Best Views!

Thanks for the info everyone! If I go with a Disney Hotel, I would probably go with the Grand Californian since it's just a 3 night stay - 4th day we are checking out and heading over to Universal. Otherwise, it would make sense to go with Sheraton or one of the other Good Neighbor hotels in the area. I'm going to see their availability and book it within the next couple of days.

Reply to: Disneyland - Best Views!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted