We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland hotel options - family of 6

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 1
Disneyland hotel options - family of 6

We are an Aussie family of 6, with 4 kids (ages 7-15) traveling to Anaheim in the 2nd week of April. We are planning to visit Disneyland for 3 days.

I am not keen to stay at the Disneyland hotels, as I have read on this forum that they are expensive compared to other good hotels that are also close to the Disneyland entrance. We will need 2 rooms which are interconnecting, so that already doubles our accommodation expenses!

Can someone please suggest a hotel which -

• is close enough to walk to Disneyland entrance

• is a reasonably priced (say under $600 usd per night) mid-range hotel (not looking for a budget hotel)

• has a pool

• has good onsite dining options

Thanks!

17 replies to this topic
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 85
1. Re: Disneyland hotel options - family of 6

Welcome to the forums MissLollyPop,

Keep in mind thats a busy time for Disneyland. Usually Hours are extended nightly as they are expecting larger crowds for a few reason. Lots of College Spring Break times all throughout March and April, and Conventions and School Competitions are popular during March and April. Theres also a large Spring Break for alot of Secondary and Elementary School usually the full week before Easter Sunday which will make April 12-20 extra busy at Disneyland as Easter Sunday falls on April 20th for 2014.

There are no upper class Hotels like the Disney owned ones in close walking distance really to the Disneyland Main Entrance, and not many of those will offer 2 separate rooms. Not many will have much onsite dining.

You might try the Residence Inn Maingate... which is a pretty nice Hotel and offers free full breakfast as well as some weeknight light meals. Its about a 15 min walk with Art Shuttle service if you dont want to walk for a small fee per person.

If you are not concerned about being in walking distance, and willing to shuttle into Disneyland you can also look at the Doubtletree Guest Suites, Peacock Suites, Homewood Suites, Embassy Suites, and the nicest Hotel the Hyatt Regency Orange County.

Heres a Map of Hotels in the Disneyland area so you can see where things are located. The Disneyland Main Entrance is off of Harbor Blvd near where it says "East Shuttle Area" on the Map. Most of those are standard Motels. The nicer Hotels mentioned not really in walking distance would be located farther South down Harbor Blvd off the Map.

Edited: 9:44 pm, January 01, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
2. Re: Disneyland hotel options - family of 6

Sorry, forgot to post the link

printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

Sydney
reviews: 18
3. Re: Disneyland hotel options - family of 6

We will also be there at this time :) We are staying at the Park Vue Inn in a 2 room suite which has 3 queen beds. Desert Inn and Suites has a lot of different suites, some can accommodate up to 10 people. We stayed there in 2012 and loved it. They would both be well under your budget. They don't have onsite dining but there are plenty of places to eat all around them. They also include breakfast, Desert Inn is very basic and the Park Vue serves a hot breakfast which isn't bad.

They are only basic but are 2 of the closest to Disneyland, they are right across the road. We love being so close and being able to walk rather than wait around for a shuttle or bus :)

Edited: 5:33 pm, January 02, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
4. Re: Disneyland hotel options - family of 6

However, the OP has clearly said they dont want a budget type of place to stay which is what I would consider the Park Vue, and the Desert Inn to be. So while these two are great places for folks that just want a standard Motel, they will likely not be what the OP seems to be looking for. And they have a larger budget so are likely expecting something more upper scale.

SoCal
reviews: 7
5. Re: Disneyland hotel options - family of 6

Based on what you are saying you want, one of the Disney owned hotels are the right fit but I don't know if you can do it in budget.

On the edge of what people consider walking distance is the Hilton. I have walked it in about 15 minutes. They have several dining options, including a food court. The pool has a water play area as well.

The properties closest to the park are motels and what some describe as basic hotels (no services). Residence Inn, I do not think it has a restaurant.

Others in addition to the Hilton are the Red Lion, Marriott and Sheraton Park.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
6. Re: Disneyland hotel options - family of 6

Residence Inn Maingate... does not have its own restaurant, but does as I said, offer some free meals, and it is across the street from the Anaheim Gardenwalk with lots of restaurants, so it is a good option.

British Columbia...
reviews: 38
7. Re: Disneyland hotel options - family of 6

We are 6 as well in our group, and staying in a suit at the Ramada Maingate (I believe), for under $200 Canadian....

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
8. Re: Disneyland hotel options - family of 6

Keep in mind that the Ramada Maingate is another standard Motel and not a Hotel. While some of the Motel has been recently rennovated, and there is a new building with suites only added, it would not be a Hotel with those amenities or as nice.

British Columbia...
9. Re: Disneyland hotel options - family of 6

The reviews are positive and I know people who have stayed there...nothing fancy, to be sure, but it's respectable. Not sure which amenities would be missing here....probably no concierge or valet parking, maybe fewer TV stations, but the rooms have fridges and microwaves, are clean and right across the street from DL. Makes it a good choice, IMHO, especially since most of us are there for DL, not to enjoy the ambiance of the accommodations.

British Columbia...
10. Re: Disneyland hotel options - family of 6

I see the OP is not wanting a budget hotel, but I would encourage an open mind. It may be that the best choice is actually a "budget" place (Location and even quality- wise)....

Reply to: Disneyland hotel options - family of 6
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted