We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live TR - 3 days at DL and DCA

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Clara...
reviews: 13
Live TR - 3 days at DL and DCA

Greetings CA TR family and happy early Turkey Day!

Thought I would try live TR again. We are coming back to SoCal to the Disneyland Resort as non locals since we moved and first visit since the revamped DCA.

I am writing as we drive over the Tejon Pass. There is snow at the top from the recent storms.

Heading over to Glendale for my Porto's Bakery fix. Was going to try new Din Tai Fung for XLB (dumplings) but didn't realize it just opened and it's Saturday. Don't think I will wait 2 hrs.

We have toddlers and seniors in the group so will do as much as they can handle. 3 day with 1 park each. Staying at HOJO park view rooms.

I haven't read as much about the new DCA as I normally do for trip research. Figure we will just go with the flow of the group. DCA is up first tommorow. We will go pull WOW Fastpass first thing and go from there. Don't know if the kids will even make the WOW show. Probablnot so just a few folks going back.

Meanwhile, I am off to get potato balls and cheesy sticks. Hope we will catch the fireworks tonight from the rooms.

44 replies to this topic
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
1. Re: Live TR - 3 days at DL and DCA

>>>I am writing as we drive over the Tejon Pass<<<

There be laws against that! Keep both hands on the wheel!

You know Porto's is in Burbank too now right?

Radiator Springs Racers would be my priority in DCA.

I haven't been to the new Din Tai Fung in Glendale yet, but that is quite a coup for Caruso to pull off.

Have a great time!

Santa Clara...
2. Re: Live TR - 3 days at DL and DCA

No worry scott. Passenger. It was a big surprise to see the snow. None in LA proper though. I used to work on the 8th Floor in the South Bay and it was a treat to see the snow capped local mtns.

We did go to the Burbank Porto's. Burp... 'cuse me! Now inching through the downtown LA maze. Nope. Don't miss this at all

Radiator Springs. Got it. Which food items at DCA?

Santa Clara...
3. Re: Live TR - 3 days at DL and DCA

Yeah when I figured out that DTF was AT the Americana, I knew it wasn't meant to be. I can only imagine how bad traffic and parking will be.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
4. Re: Live TR - 3 days at DL and DCA

Paradise Garden Grill, Pacific Wharf Cafe (formerly Boudin's) and Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill are all good for quick serve and Carthay Circle Restaurant for a real restaurant. it is about as good as theme park dining gets.

If you want pizza or Italian, Marri's Pizza on Katella is a long time cast member hangout.

Fire & Ice in the GardenWalk is interesting, it is a play on Mongolian BBQ or teppan.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
5. Re: Live TR - 3 days at DL and DCA

Tres cool

DCA. There is a boudin bakery there... Ok I am running away before I am beaten up

Have fun. Frankly we go to the parks to enjoy the rides and just grab and go. Unless your toddlers want the character breakfast and stuff which at that age is a lot more fun. All the carsland stuff is fun day and night

Santa Clara...
6. Re: Live TR - 3 days at DL and DCA

Yawn... we are refreshed now and the sky is dark and calm. Heading over to Downtown Disney to eat and watch the fireworks. Think I am sticking to my usual Jazz Kitchen fare with beignets. Kids will eat pizza me thinks. No characters meals for us. I will try to update on more than food. :p

HOJO is literally next to the freeway. Loud but we knew that and brought ear plugs. It is not that warm but still tons of kids at the waterpark.

Random Saturday gridrion.... I am rooting for UCLA. We shall not talk about what happened to Cal today. (hanging my head in shame)

Edited: 9:46 pm, November 23, 2013
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
7. Re: Live TR - 3 days at DL and DCA

I know, chinita, my Bears were really outclassed today. Give 'em a break, it's a young team.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
8. Re: Live TR - 3 days at DL and DCA

With your party of seniors. Toddlers and you all gen Y, it reminds me of our time with my parents , us and our then young kids. My parents used to do the tame rides and the train ride and then hang out near the Walt Disney statue and wait for us to get back from the roller coaster rides. It was also a great spot to wait for the parades

Have fun

Edited: 12:38 am, November 24, 2013
Santa Clara...
9. Re: Live TR - 3 days at DL and DCA

I am Gen X dude! But we do have some Gen Y with us too. It's strollers and wheelchairs as well.

It was moderately crowded at DT Disney. We ended up going to Earl of Sandwich. Long lines but decent fare. We found seats under the heat lamps next to the skating rink. Funny seeing folks skate with helmets but I guess it makes sense.

We wandered through the stores and made our way back to the Entrance Plaza by 9:30p for the fireworks. Good teaser for when we actually go in. The overlays on top of the DL gates look different than previous years. Will have to look more closely. We are starting with DL after all.

Random note... people ask about umbrella strollers. They sell them at the sundry store here at HOJO for $45.

Gotta get my beauty rest for the long day ahead. Cheerios from The Happiest Place On Earth!

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 136
10. Re: Live TR - 3 days at DL and DCA

Check out Flo'sV8 menu in the Cars Land .

Altho I do like the Paradise Pier Garden Grill skewers. You can ask for all 4 sauces. The Italian Chef salad next door at Boardwalk Pasta is also good.

Reply to: Live TR - 3 days at DL and DCA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted