We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning help with amusement parks in LA/Anaheim

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Planning help with amusement parks in LA/Anaheim

We are a family that loves amusement parks. Need help in deciding what days go to Disneyland, Califor Advent, Universal, Six Flags and Knotts Berry Farm in busy July. We will be gettting the front of the passes at Universal so that will help with time. We will be in town from July 27 arriving mid-day thur Aug 2 leaving mid-day. I know that the weekends will be crowded at any park so I think with the front of the line pass Saturday will be a good day for Universal. Disney on Friday, Six Flags on Sunday, Disney on Monday & Knotts Berry Farm on Tuesday.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
1. Re: Planning help with amusement parks in LA/Anaheim

Sounds liek a good schedule to me.....

Magic Mountain on the weekend due to traffic on the freeways during the week.

New York City, New...
reviews: 36
2. Re: Planning help with amusement parks in LA/Anaheim

Where will you be staying, down near Disney? Because you'll want to do your driving on Saturday and Sunday, not on the weekdays. So Six Flags on Sun is a good idea, and Sat. for Universal.

Now, for a two-park pass to Disney, isn't it cheaper to do two days in a row? Or can you go any day?

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
3. Re: Planning help with amusement parks in LA/Anaheim

Multi-Day Disneyland Resort Passes are good for 2 weeks from first use, so the second (and any oher days) have to be used in a 14 day window, so no problems there.

Atlanta
4. Re: Planning help with amusement parks in LA/Anaheim

We are staying near Disney. We will be getting either 2-day or 3-day for Disney. We may go to Disney in the afternoon on arrival day. I have not check to see with the 2day if we can go in and out both parks.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
5. Re: Planning help with amusement parks in LA/Anaheim

I would get a three day, the price isn't that much more with advance purchase...

A two day ticket is $116 for adults, $96 for kids 3 thru 9

A three day ticket is $149 for aadults, $119 for kids 3 thru 9.

So that is $33 extra for adults, $23 for kids 3 thru 9 for the extra day.

All Multi-day ParkHoppers on sale at Disneyland.com are ParkHopper tickets, that allow you into both parks on the same day, in fact many folks start their day at Disneyland, then head over to DCA for a couple of hours, then head back to Disneyland for the evening.

Atlanta
6. Re: Planning help with amusement parks in LA/Anaheim

What are the popular rides at Disneyland and Califor Advent to ride first?

Orange County
7. Re: Planning help with amusement parks in LA/Anaheim

I can tell you will have a great time. All the parks will be a little crowded simply because it is July, but breaking up your Disney days is a wise move.

As for Disneyland, my faves are:

Pirates of the Caribbean (of course)

Haunted Mansion (of course)

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Space Mountain

Buzz LIghtyear's Astro Blasters (my mom describes it as "like being inside a video game")

Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

A lot of people love Indiana Jones, but it's not really worth it when you consider how long the line is usually -go see it late in the day on Monday night, or FASTPASS it early.

At California Adventure, theres:

It's Tough to Be a Bug

Twilight Zone's Tower of Terror

California Screamin'

Monsters, Inc.

and if you're a Muppet fan - The Muppets 3D!

and, get a FASTPASS for Soarin' Over California, which is cool, but not worth the line, either.

Atlanta
8. Re: Planning help with amusement parks in LA/Anaheim

When is go time to see the hollywood sign and hollywood walk of fame? We don't need a lot of time for that just a few pictures. We arrive about 12:30 in LAX, will I have enough time before rush hour before heading to the hotel in Anaheim? Or will Saturday be a good time because we will be at Universal?

9. Re: Planning help with amusement parks in LA/Anaheim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 14, 2009