We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photopass feedback

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tacoma,WA
reviews: 52
Photopass feedback

So we bought the photo pass plus ahead of time thinking that would save us time and be convenient, well I was wrong about that. It was nice because I think it is cheaper ahead of time if I’m not mistaken ($66) but any convenience is short lived. I guess I could have researched this more and been more prepared but here’s what happened.

We were doing just two days (1 at each park) but for our daughters’ first trip.

Got into Disneyland the first day and had issues finding where to go even with direction from cast members. Finally found it on main street and got into the shop to turn in our voucher for the photo pass plus. What a cluster. We waited in one line only to be told to back to another line. After waiting in that line given a receipt and told to go back to other line. Was in a line about the third person, then the cast member in our line started helping others who were butting in asking questions from the back of line and room? In all we wasted about our first 45 minutes in Disneyland. I was talking with other guests who felt the same way as me so I am guessing this isn’t the only time it has happened

The photo pass locations in Disneyland are few and far between and our first location (Minnie) the photo person wasn’t there as cast members were stating and wondering where the photographer was. After day 1 I was feeling like it was a waste of money.

At California Adventure there were a lot more locations which more than made up for day 1 and overall we ended up with a decent amount of photos.

After a glitch I finally just figured out how to order the photo CD. I didn’t realize the promo code was in the CD (booklet) so it was trying to charge me again. Again I guess I could have researched/read closer a little more.

Overall, I think I will be glad we did it but Disney still has some things it could do to ease the transition for guests.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
reviews: 12
1. Re: Photopass feedback

I had no problems collecting my pass, but I had researched on a few Disney forums to find out where to pick it up. We did DCA first & I sent my friend to stand in the Radiator Springs Fast Pass line while I went to the Photo place, which was in one of the shops on the right as you enter the park. I was the first person in there, so no queue.

We had 4 days, so came home with plenty of photo's. We were surprised that some of the character meet & greets didn't have photographers though, but found plenty of them while walking around the parks.

Cooroy, Australia
reviews: 55
2. Re: Photopass feedback

I agree that photo shop in Main Street was a little disorganised but after receiving the pass it was all good from there, we had so many photos and we were lucky we had photo pass photographers at all our character locations and the ride photos were a bonus!! We went to 3 character meals too so we really made the most of our pass with being given the take home photo packs .

Edited: 11:54 pm, October 07, 2013
Terrigal, Australia
reviews: 33
3. Re: Photopass feedback

I too, was confused when trying to load my photos onto hard drive when we returned. I agree that the shop could be better organised, we were shuffled from one cashier to the next as they all perform a separate function. The lady who served us was really sweet, but couldn't help as it was her first week back after 5 years off and we all got muddled, so by the time I got home I really had no idea. Some very friendly assistance from this forum got me on track and I finally managed to store over 1000 photos, so to that end it was a huge success. I want to run them on a loop on a digital frame in my office so I can watch it all day long!

We just bought our new PP+ for next week's stay and this time, I'll know what to do! (I hope)

Edited: 4:13 pm, October 08, 2013
melbourne
reviews: 2
4. Re: Photopass feedback

Same for us regarding picking up the lanyard. There were 5 staff members standing around doing literally nothing, but they couldn't help me, I had to go to the lady with the queue. After getting to her and her giving me a receipt, I then had to go back to the people doing nothing who then gave me the lanyard. It took at least 20 minutes.

After all of that, I love the Photopass Plus. The only other problem we had was not remembering our photo number at Splash. The staff member told me it was the wrong number and I'd have to give her the correct number. I asked if she could have a look at the photos either side of that number, but she wouldn't. By the time went back in to see the number, it had disappeared. Lucky we had 10 days there, so got lots of Splash photos anyway.

Melbourne, Australia
5. Re: Photopass feedback

What is the photo pass, we are going at the start of November

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
6. Re: Photopass feedback

Trina J

Heres some info on the Photo Pass at Disneyland

www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan.htm#photopass

And the website to purchase it from which is less expensive if you pre purchase.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/default.aspx

You can also type in the word "photopass" in the Search box in the middle of the Anaheim forum page which will show you all the threads on that subject which are likely to also be helpful.

Melbourne, Australia
7. Re: Photopass feedback

Thankyou!!

Singapore
reviews: 5
8. Re: Photopass feedback

hi

thks for the replies!

found this in one of the posts in TA:

8. Photo Pass Service: Take lots of Photos...Use the Photopass service – you get the great family shots, and the photos are unlimited number. Just ask any DL photographer for a photopass and you can collect the shots later on CD or download them for a fixed fee.(which is cheaper than paying for them...you can even get the shots from rides put on the pass if you ask..Also there are plenty of photo ops in the park.

a bit confused...the photopass mentioned above is free?

melbourne
reviews: 2
9. Re: Photopass feedback

The Photopass mentioned above is just the Photopass, not the Photopass Plus. The Photopass is only photos that are taken by the photographers in the park, not ride or meal photos.

The Photopass Plus is prepaid, and includes a download of all photos taken.

With the Photopass, you get a Photopass card from the first photographer you see. You get all of the Photopass photographer photos added to the card for free. You can then either pay the fee to download them (approx same cost as pre-paid Photopass Plus) or you can decide not to download or print any and this doesn't cost anything. So, you're paying for the final photos, not the actual taking of them.

Hope this helps

And the bit about the ride photos...if you don't have Photopass Plus, you can purchase the ride photos separately, either the physical photo or the digital. This can be added to the Photopass also, once you have paid for that particular photo. The cost is about $15 per ride photo. We had about 25-30 ride photos added to our Photopass Plus, all included in the original pre-paid price.

Edited: 1:45 am, October 10, 2013
Tacoma,WA
reviews: 52
10. Re: Photopass feedback

yeah , I am glad we got it the photpass plus and I am sure when I get my disk I will be happy, just sucked wasting the first 45 minutes of the big trip trying to get. I'm going to email disney just to share feedback. I am sure it will continue to improve.