We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland-Radiator Springs Raceway - Ridemax query

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Christchurch, New...
reviews: 8
Disneyland-Radiator Springs Raceway - Ridemax query

Hi there,

I will be spoendina full day at Calfifornis Adventureland on Wed 2 October. I do not have an early entry pass. I have run the rides/ attractions I want to do through Ridemax. I do not nominate a Fastpass runner, as I really want us to do everything as a family and not split up.

Anyway, it keeps scheduling this ride for late in the day without a fastpass with an estimated 60 minute wait. I am guessing this is because it is a early Entry day and I dont nominate a runner.

Do I just bike the bullet and go with the runner option?

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
1. Re: Disneyland-Radiator Springs Raceway - Ridemax query

Why not do it just for the RSR ride, once entering the park, hand off the tickets to one person, while the rest can enjoy the Carthay Circle area, where there are usually characters out in the AM, and once the "runner" comes back with all the FP's, head off together to spend the rest of the day together.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 85
2. Re: Disneyland-Radiator Springs Raceway - Ridemax query

The Radiator Springs Racer ride has the longest lines in both Park really right now, so lines are going to be longer normally without a Fastpass.

I might suggest you just arrive and be in line at the entrance to California Adventure Park about 45 min before regular Park opening time, as they open up part of the Park 30 min before regular Park opening time to get in line for Fastpasses for the RSR Ride which will give you a head start on your day as well. And as said, you can get someone to wait in the Fastpass line while you all can shop as the shops are also open early.

Christchurch, New...
3. Re: Disneyland-Radiator Springs Raceway - Ridemax query

Thanks for the advise. Will do :)

Boston, MA
reviews: 19
4. Re: Disneyland-Radiator Springs Raceway - Ridemax query

Not sure how old your children are but you may want to consider the single rider line for Radiator Springs. It was so much quicker and twice my daughters were put racing each other, which may have been more fun than being in the same car!

Christchurch, New...
5. Re: Disneyland-Radiator Springs Raceway - Ridemax query

My kids are 10 and 11. That may be the better way to go. Thanks

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 85
6. Re: Disneyland-Radiator Springs Raceway - Ridemax query

Thats likely the best idea that was mentioned by amypeteboston. If you have ages of children that wont mind riding separately, as the single rider line always has the least wait times usually around 15 min or so. You can all stand in that line together, just be prepared to ride in different cars.

melbourne
reviews: 2
7. Re: Disneyland-Radiator Springs Raceway - Ridemax query

Just be aware if you ride single rider, the cars sometimes do not come back to the same place as they leave. Sometimes they stop off for the wheelchairs etc. My kids were 10 and 12, but really enjoyed us riding together as a family. Also if you have Photopass Plus, you can all be in the photo together.

We used Ridemax too and loved it. I think my husband went to get Fastpasses for RSR while we rode Mickeys wheel (he was happy not to ride).

Another day he just went to line up about an hour after opening. This then gave us nighttime passes. We loved Carsland at night much more than during the day.

Redlands, California
reviews: 72
8. Re: Disneyland-Radiator Springs Raceway - Ridemax query

I would recommend heading straight to the single rider line when you arrive. The line for FastPasses at that time will be longer than both the standby and single rider at the attraction. You will probably all be on and off the ride within 30 minutes of arriving.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 46
9. Re: Disneyland-Radiator Springs Raceway - Ridemax query

On our trip last Nov. (kids were 10 & 12) we used the FP and the single rider line and had 4 rides. We used the single rider line. Each car seats 6 and most of the time it seems a group of 4 comes out of the main line, and then there are two seats in the car that they filled from the single rider line. Once we had a double and two singles, and so we put the kids in together and DH and I went on our own in other cars. We were able to judge what was coming and juggle ourselves around accordingly, but the kids were just fine in the cars. What we decided was that everyone would meet up again at the photo area, where the screens are that show the photos taken on the ride, so the kids knew to just get out of the car and go up that far and then wait.

Christchurch, New...
10. Re: Disneyland-Radiator Springs Raceway - Ridemax query

Lots of ideas. Thanks very much everyone