We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodations for next July near Disneyland

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
accomodations for next July near Disneyland

I am specifically wondering about the Ayres hotel that is ranked #1 currently on TA for Anaheim. Looking for family friendly and would rather stay outside the park, since we may venture to do the beach or something else in the area on our last day. Me and hubby are not crazy theme park fanatics, but are excited to bring our kids to DL for first time. Just would rather something away from the hustle and bustle, but not too far away. Opinions? Any other hotel suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We have 3 kids (ages 14,10 and 4)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
1. Re: accomodations for next July near Disneyland

Im not sure any Hotels really that are near to Disneyland are going to be away from other families wanting to visit Disneyland if thats what you are after.

For nice Hotels a little father from Disneyland I guess you could also consider the Hyatt Regency Orange County which is a very nice Hotel and a few miles from Disneyland. But again, even with that Hotel, you are going to have people staying there to visit Disneyland.

Houston, Texas
2. Re: accomodations for next July near Disneyland

Sorry, guess I didn't communicate well. We don't mind staying somewhere with other DL visiting families, just don't want to stay in the park. (am hoping to reduce noise factor, etc and be able to shutdown at night before heading out for more fun)

Houston, Texas
3. Re: accomodations for next July near Disneyland

We are going to DL for 3 days while in Anaheim, but may stay another day or 2 to explore the area. (LA, Hollywood, etc)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
4. Re: accomodations for next July near Disneyland

Sorry I misunderstood your question...

What you may want to consider is the Disneyland Hotel as well as the Paradise Pier Hotel are not really that close to the actual Parks. The Disneyland Hotel is about a 10 min walk and the Paradise Pier Hotel about a 13 min walk so you are not really that close as far as noise goes if thats a concern and you wanted to stay at a Disney owned Hotel. But they both do not offer Shuttle service.

The Ayres Hotel is fine to stay at, and very well rated, but farther from Disneyland so you would have to take the Shuttle service.

There are plenty of well rated nicer Hotels, that are outside of Disneyland though as well you can consider that would be in walking distance to Disneyland such as....

Residence Inn Maingate.. which is about a 15 min walk with free full breakfast and some weeknight light meals. Its a condo like setting, and has full kitchens. It also has an Art shuttle stop at the Hotel for a small fee per person you could take that if you dont want to walk. Its also across the street from the Anaheim Gardenwalk area with alot of restaurants.

The Sheraton Park Hotel .....is a very nice well rated Hotel.... also about a 15 min walk and offers Disneyland views in some rooms. Its also about a 15 min walk with Art shuttle service stop.

Howard Johnsons.... is also a well rated more standard Hotel... about an 11 min walk with Art shuttle service.

Red LIon.... is also a pretty nice Hotel and is about a 15 min walk with Art shuttle service.

Hilton, Doubltree Guest Suites... Embassy Suites... Homewood Suites....also are nice Hotels, but not really in walking distance. But they offer Shuttle service.

So it really just depends on what you may be looking for. The closest to the entrance are standard Motels, since they are just across the street from the Disneyland Main Entrance the walk is short, and its the most convenient option, as some are well rated. But if you are wanting a nicer Hotel in walking distance, then the ones mentioned for Hotels would be what you are looking for.

Heres a map of Hotels in the Disneyland area so you can see where things are located The Disneyland Main Entrance is off of Harbor Blvd near where it says "East Shuttle area" on the Map.

printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

Washington DC...
5. Re: accomodations for next July near Disneyland

We stayed at the Ayres last week. Very nice, just a few minutes from DL with rental car. For some reason they upgraded the 2 of us to a one bedroom suite -- we could have fit our 4 kids in there nicely if we brought them!

We also stayed at Disneyland Hotel one night - paid for standard view (parking lot) and got upgraded to 10th floor park view -- must have been our lucky week --didn't even ask for it.

I didn't see much hustle/bustle in the area. Disney has done a great job with landscaping etc. to make it truly a resort. I hadn't been there since the mid-80's and didn't recognize the place!

Think about staying elsewhere for your sidetrips. We avoided all rush hours by staying in Santa Monica and Hollywood while touring those areas.

Houston, Texas
6. Re: accomodations for next July near Disneyland

I noticed the Ayres has a breakfast buffet, did you utilize and if so how was it? And was the bedroom separate from sitting area in the suite? Also for those mentioning shuttle, in case we don't stay close enough to walk to DL, does the ART shuttle run frequently enough or is there a long wait? Also, thank in advance for all info!!

Houston, Texas
7. Re: accomodations for next July near Disneyland

Thank you for a very thorough list of hotels, can't wait to check out all those mentioned!

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
8. Re: accomodations for next July near Disneyland

OK, both Ayres Hotels near Disneyland Anaheim and Orange) are on the ART Shuttle system, and the routes run every 30 minutes. I have stayed at multiple Ayres Hotels and their Breakfast is one of the best I have had, usually a cook on site to make selected items, like eggs, pancakes, etc. and then a buffet of other items. High quality food and lots of choices.

www.rideart.org

SoCal
reviews: 7
9. Re: accomodations for next July near Disneyland

You do not mention budget but the Grand CA is the nicest hotel in the area. I recently spent the day there with visiting family and the pool area was quite relaxing. I have stayed myself and really liked it. Close to the parks and my family loved the early entry, back to the hotel for a rest and swim and then back to the parks. The 3 Disney hotels are not in the parks but off to the side.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
10. Re: accomodations for next July near Disneyland

Ok, the Disney Grand California is not what the OP is looking for, IMHO. It is located on Disneyland Resort property, no free meals and expensive. Also, not the easiest place to get out of, plus their self parking is across the street.

I would first look at the Ayres Orange, right next tot he I-5 and 22 freeways, and easy access to many more within a few miles.

The Ayres Orange is walking distance to The Outlets at Orange, with lots of things to see and do.

www.simon.com/mall/the-outlets-at-orange

No resort fee, free WiFi, free parking, no extra charges, and the nice free breakfast, plus selected free happy hours. Both Ayres are rated at TA as the #1 Hotel/Motel in the city.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32825-d217225-…