We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramada Maingate Vs. Carousel Inn

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
Ramada Maingate Vs. Carousel Inn

Hello,

I am trying to decide between getting two individual rooms with two Queen beds at the Ramada Maingate or the two room resort suite with 3 Queen beds and 2 bathrooms at the Carousel Inn and Suites. They both look about the same distance from Disneyland. There will be 4 adults, one 7 year old and one two year old. I'm leaning towards the Carousel so we can all be in the same room instead of having two separate rooms. Has anyone stayed at both and have a preference? The Carousel Inn will be about $400 more because of paying for parking and higher room rate. Thanks for any info!!! We are traveling 11/1-11/6.

San Jose, California
1. Re: Ramada Maingate Vs. Carousel Inn

Oh and we won't be in the new rooms at the Ramada. I would love to stay in the new 3 room suite at the Ramada but it is out of our budget.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 85
2. Re: Ramada Maingate Vs. Carousel Inn

Both really still have a so so rating over time. Both are standard Motels. The Carousel Inn has thier only good reviews of the Club level suites, so that may be a better option for you of the two. The Ramada Maingate standard rooms alot of those are still in much need of rennovations, so Im not sure I would suggest a regular room there.

Here is a Map of Hotels in the Disneyland area so you can see where things are located. The Disneyland Main Entrance is off of Harbor blvd near where it says "East Shuttle area" on the Map.

printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

What is your budget per night? and how many beds do you need? We may be able to find you something better. There are plenty of other standard Motels, and some Hotels that have better consistantly good ratings over time.

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 27
3. Re: Ramada Maingate Vs. Carousel Inn

I've stayed in both- the Carousel is a little bit closer. Both give you the basic motel experience that works if you are basically planning on a good place to sleep with maybe a pool/nap break during the day.

Actually, the pool at the Maingate was pretty nice. The rooms were basic, but fine.

You might end up with a nicer room at the Carousel, though, since you are getting a suite. So really, it's up to you and what you are most interested in.

San Jose, California
4. Re: Ramada Maingate Vs. Carousel Inn

Thanks for your replys! We have a change of plans since we are losing one adult. It will be myself, my husband and our 2 year old daughter and our good friend and her 8 year old niece so 3 adults and 2 children. We are now looking at the Conceirge Club Suite which has a room with 2 Queens and a second room with 1 Queen and a total of 1 bathroom OR the Family Suite at the Desert Inn which is like two connecting rooms each with 2 Queen beds and it's own bathroom. We are just looking for somewhere to sleep at night and to put our two year old down for a nap during the day. I just want to make sure we are right across the street from the walkway to the park. Any thoughts? Thanks!!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
5. Re: Ramada Maingate Vs. Carousel Inn

The Anaheim Desert Inn is a standard well rated Motel, about the same walk as the Carousel Inn. Its just really up to you which one you may feel more comfortable with as far as price or whatever your thinking is about each one.

Is price an issue for you? If so, and you just want somewhere inexpensive to sleep. The Anaheim Plaza Inn is about an 9 min walk and is a standard clean, but very basic Motel. They offer a family suite which is basically 2 rooms with a connecting door, but do offer a great price of around $75 a nite for each room for your dates. ( and about $5 off if you have some form of AAA ) Parking is $4 a day.

The Fairfield Inn ( a Hotel), the Camelot Inn, Best Western Park Place Inn, Best Western Anaheim Inn, Park Vue Inn, all offer a suite ( or 2 rooms put together )and are good standard places to stay

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
6. Re: Ramada Maingate Vs. Carousel Inn

Other info you may want to know about your dates...

Early Nov is usually a pretty good time to visit Disneyland weather is usually pretty nice still. Its the off season for Disneyland so hours during weekdays look something like 10am till 8pm, M-Thurs. With longer hours of 8am till 12pm on weekends, Fri, Sat, Sun. Usually no Fireworks or Fantasmic shows except on weekends, Fri,Sat,Sun. But usually a nightly World of Color show.

The First Sat in Nov is usually always the taping of the Christmas Parade at Disneyland for Television which brings in alot of the locals to be part of the taping, so it makes that day busy at Disneyland. So likely Nov 2 for 2013.

It takes a while to tape the Parade as there are lots of stop and starts. As well so access to that area and the area around the Castle where there is usually someone singing being taped makes it harder to get around the front of the Castle area, Main Street, and the Parade route. No official info is evey posted for this event, the dates usually just leak out from unofficial Disneyland blogs ect. Taping would also be pushed into that Sunday afterwards if its not finished for some reason on Saturday.

7. Re: Ramada Maingate Vs. Carousel Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 27, 2014