We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Starline tour - Hollywood & LA, stars homes & beach

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 18
Starline tour - Hollywood & LA, stars homes & beach

Hi, I am looking at doing the Starline tour A5 from Anaheim (Grand city tour of Hollywood & LA, Stars Homes and Beach) with my 2 sons (15 & 11). Has anyone done this specific tour, if so, what did you think of it?

14 replies to this topic
Bermagui, Australia
reviews: 81
1. Re: Starline tour - Hollywood & LA, stars homes & beach

I did this tour a long time ago but it was great we had limited time in Anaheim and we got to see heaps of Hollywood we enjoyed it. I had my 12 year old sister with us and she also liked it.

Sydney
2. Re: Starline tour - Hollywood & LA, stars homes & beach

Thanks for your reply. Do they use mini buses for this tour and were you able to get good photos of the Hollywood sign? Thanks :)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 349
3. Re: Starline tour - Hollywood & LA, stars homes & beach

The celebrity home tour gets good and bad marks. Here is a trip report from LA Destination Expert who bite the bullet for the group and took the tour.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32655-i61-k652907…

You know your boys better than anyone, but I can't imagine my boys when they were 15 being excited over a bus tour in Syd, especially when they could have been on the beach.

SoCal
reviews: 9
4. Re: Starline tour - Hollywood & LA, stars homes & beach

Here is the funny thing, kids surprise you. At 12 and 10 I asked if the kids would like to do the Warner Brothers tour, they said it sounded like a total bore, no way. Fine, $50 each saved. We went to Hollywood and Highland with relatives and they were begging to take the stars homes tour. We did not do it because the relatives did not want to go and they did a wax museum and Guinness Book of World Records and loved both. We recently did a HOHO in Boston and the 14 year old hated it. I would ask what they would like to do and if it sounds fun.

The description says mini buses.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 349
5. Re: Starline tour - Hollywood & LA, stars homes & beach

That would be "bit the bullet". I speak gooder English than that :)

Bermagui, Australia
reviews: 81
6. Re: Starline tour - Hollywood & LA, stars homes & beach

Yes they took us in a "mini bus" there were around 20 seats i'd say but there were only 8 of us on the tour as it was a Tuesday so I think it was quieter. We got some good shots of the Hollywood sign and had plenty of time at the chinese theatre and other sights.

Cairns, Australia
reviews: 2
7. Re: Starline tour - Hollywood & LA, stars homes & beach

We just did a similar tour today but with a private driver. Being a family of 5 he used a mini van but if there is only 4 uses a Lincoln sedan. All my teenage kids loved driving around seeing all the iconic sights. It was better value for us because we could choose where we wanted to stop & for how long. Our tour was about 10 hours and he took us really close to the Hollywood sign, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica & shopping for a couple of hours at the Citadel outlet shops. His name is Fernarndo (Regal Tours). He also does transfers to the airport, malls & theme parks. Very good value - I have his contact details if you are interested. I found him from other peoples reviews & recommendations on this forum.

Muskegon, Michigan
reviews: 39
8. Re: Starline tour - Hollywood & LA, stars homes & beach

Yes,the Starline Tours tour from Anaheim to L.A uses a mini bus to do the tours in. You'll visit the sights mentioned in the tour info, including the Chinese Theatre where Starline's base of their bigger tours is at. I've taken this tour, minus the stars homes and beach part, from Hollywood, and that was done in a big full size bus. I know the Anaheim based tours uses mini buses though.

Sydney
9. Re: Starline tour - Hollywood & LA, stars homes & beach

Thanks everyone for your replies, I think we will go with the Starline tour. Chinka_Abbi, the private tour sounds great but as there is only 3 of us I think it will work out too expensive.

Is it better to do the tour on the weekend, would there be less traffic? Or would a weekday be better?

Thanks again!

Cairns, Australia
reviews: 2
10. Re: Starline tour - Hollywood & LA, stars homes & beach

We went on Sunday and our driver said it was better then during the week to avoid traffic. However, Santa Monica pier was really busy, guessing a lot of locals head to that area on weekends.

Reply to: Starline tour - Hollywood & LA, stars homes & beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted