We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling from Anaheim to Legoland

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
traveling from Anaheim to Legoland

We are travelling from Brisbane, Australia to Anaheim late August.

High on the list is Legoland- apart from the organised tours (which we are not that keen on)

what other easy transport options are there and any idea on costs??

Thanks

San Diego...
reviews: 4
1. Re: traveling from Anaheim to Legoland

Cheapest is Metrolink train to Oceanside. Then Coaster train to Carlsbad. Then shuttle. Easiest is rental car. It's a quick drive maybe 1 hour as long as you don't do it rush hour.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 85
2. Re: traveling from Anaheim to Legoland

Welcome to the forums tamfam05,

There is a Train that goes that general direction, but does not stop near Legoland, so you would have to take a taxi from there to Legoland area, so that would not be the easiest or least expensive way.

Really your best option is to rent a car for the day. Its inexpensive, and, Its a pretty easy drive down the coast from Anaheim to Legoland, about a 45 min drive.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
3. Re: traveling from Anaheim to Legoland

To be honest, just use Gray Line Tours. The best public option is a train (Amtrak or Metrolink) to Oceanside, followed by a taxi. But it takes time and the taxi both ways would be about the same cost as the tour.

…graylineanaheim.com/toursAna.cfm/…1021

www.metrolinktrains.com

http://www.amtrak.com/pacific-surfliner-train

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 343
4. Re: traveling from Anaheim to Legoland

How many people and what ages?

Rental car is probably the cheapest if you have four people, with two the train and bus/taxi might be cheaper. There is not doubt the rental car is the fastest and easiest option.

The train from Anaheim to Oceanside is $40 round trip, the Coaster from Oceanside to Carlsbad is $8 and then a cab from the station to Legoland is probably another $20 so you are looking at $50 per person round trip and it will take around two hours to get there and two hours back vs an hour in a car rental.

Or take a tour.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
5. Re: traveling from Anaheim to Legoland

OK, as someone who went to school in Carlsbad, do NOT try and catch the COASTER train. It really doesn't help with the "mileage" of a taxi,

As mentioned, the Gray Line Tour is the best option, if not, take the Amtrak/Metrolink trains to the Oceanside station and catch a taxi from the station.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
6. Re: traveling from Anaheim to Legoland

Carlsbad Army Navy.... well that explains a lot.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
7. Re: traveling from Anaheim to Legoland

Yes, Scott, I am PROUD Grad from Army and Navy Academy. Way too many stories about who were my classmates..... Doesn't belong on TA.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
8. Re: traveling from Anaheim to Legoland

DB -- Hope all of you are ok under the tiring circumstances. Courage !

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
9. Re: traveling from Anaheim to Legoland

Thank you again, Belomiser... Still sitting as couple of feet from Dad... For others, my Dad is a "Hospice" situation. Thoughts and Prayers are appreciated.

To give everyone a good laugh, Barry White (his son was one of my classmates) and his "ladies" were part of my Graduation at A&N, what a hoot... One of my favorite photos is my Grandfather and Grandmother with me that day. (Alas, they have both passed)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
10. Re: traveling from Anaheim to Legoland

Good thoughts and prayers for you and your Dad.... my nephew is a fellow alum of CA&N, I've heard many stories of his days there and his classmates :)