We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! My friend is in Disneyland with her 4 yr. and...

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 8
Help! My friend is in Disneyland with her 4 yr. and...

They are there now with their 4 yr. old for the first time and the very first ride they went on was Frog and Toad Wild ride. Oops!! Now, of course, she doesn't want to go on any other rides. We had this issue when we were there with our 3 young kids and someone linked us to a site that clearly laid out the level of scariness of rides and age appropriateness. It was SOOOO helpful and now I can't find it. Anyone know??? TIA!

San Francisco Bay
reviews: 13
1. Re: Help! My friend is in Disneyland with her 4 yr. and...

Thinking back to those times with a young child, I'd add "Pirates of the Caribbean" and the Haunted House to the list. Certainly not anything of a roller coaster nature.

If she gets car sick, probably not the Teacups. Most kids love that, but not right after lunch.

Indiana Jones ride would be too much.

She should head to Toon Town right away -- that's just the ticket.

And of course ride "Small World" over and over.

Bump

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
2. Re: Help! My friend is in Disneyland with her 4 yr. and...

Here you go:

disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/list/

Cooroy, Australia
reviews: 44
3. Re: Help! My friend is in Disneyland with her 4 yr. and...

Oh no, we made a similar mistake with our second ride being Pinocchio :( our 4 yr did not want to go on anything that involved going into darkness. We didnt even get to Mr Toads lol, nor try Pirates.

I can't help you with the site but little one loved Its a small world, Winnie the Pooh, tea cups, Casey train pretty much anything she could see. She did though fall in love with the toy story rides, is he was hesitant to enter but once she was on she loved it!!

I hope your friend has some luck and someone can find the site for you.

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 263
4. Re: Help! My friend is in Disneyland with her 4 yr. and...

One of our best Disneyland experiences was with our 4-year-old grandson (now 27). He and I rode the rockets in Tomorrowland and the little scamp immediately took the controls and took us up as high as possible. Then he was delighted to "trick" Grandma into getting on the Thunder Mountain Railroad (she was very adamant in telling him she would NOT get on a roller coaster ride.). He was the most daring, fearless youngster I've ever seen in my life. The faster, the scarier -- the better!

Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
5. Re: Help! My friend is in Disneyland with her 4 yr. and...

I am reading your original post about 2 hours after you wrote it, but if they are there in the park the easiest thing for them to do is go to a ride they are considering and speak to a cast member outside of the ride. Ask the cast member if she or he would recommend it for a 4 year old who was scared in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride earlier. If the cast member thinks it is an appropriate ride, perhaps they can get down face to face with your child and talk to her about it. The weather today will probably leave some cast members with enought time to give a bit of attention to your child.

If she has not done so already, she should definitely take the child into It's a Small World and tell her that it is very pretty in there and they will see some pretty dolls singing and dancing.

Edited: 8:58 pm, May 07, 2013
Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
6. Re: Help! My friend is in Disneyland with her 4 yr. and...

Off the top of my head here are some your friend can try:

Dumbo

King Arthur's Carousel

Tea Cups

Storybookland Canal Boats (get here to ignore the whale and look at it as a tunnel to storybookland)

Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (nice and bright in there)

Enchanted Tiki Room (on another day - and stay away from the sides - the tiki gods there have eyes and lips that move during the chant)

Tom Sawyer's Island (on another day, of course)

Mark Twain (during the day)

Disneyland Railroad - but not between Tomorrowland and Main Street

Main Street Vehicles

Main Street Cinema (Mickey Mouse cartoon)

Tarzan's Tree House

Edited: 9:06 pm, May 07, 2013
7. Re: Help! My friend is in Disneyland with her 4 yr. and...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:47 pm, May 07, 2013
Edited: 9:47 pm, May 07, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
8. Re: Help! My friend is in Disneyland with her 4 yr. and...

Im late too, but we had had this scenerio a few times. I suggest they take the 4 year old around at some of the ride they can actually view the whole ride, or most of it, and let them decide what they may like to go on. If they feel they are in control of what happens it usually helps alot.

A ride on the Mark twain riverboat may help to relax them a little, or some time at Toontown just walking around.

The Disneyland.com website mentioned can show you what rides are appropriate for what ages. However, keep in mind most of the rides in Fantasyland are considered "Dark rides" where they are kind of intense for smaller chidren, and can scare them. Mr Toads Wild ride is just that, quite wild ;) But its likely a child will warm up again to wanting to do more if you give them some time, and control over the situation.

This is a good thread on rides that are milder, for Disneyland Park. See Redlands Redhead reply # 5

of this thread.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29092-i65-k214262…

Also, see my reply #4 of this thread which gives a list of milder rides in both Parks for younger children

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29092-i65-k518258…

9. Re: Help! My friend is in Disneyland with her 4 yr. and...

I recommend going to DCA and spending time in bugs land and cars land. Also the toy story midway is good. they are preschool friendly rides. Also schedule in the Disney jr show. Good luck to your friend;)

SoCal
reviews: 7
10. Re: Help! My friend is in Disneyland with her 4 yr. and...

Winnie the Pooh is a bit dark. It freaked out one of the kids when young because when Pooh went to sleep, he though Pooh was dead and that was his spirit leaving his body. He would not believe us when we said Pooh was just sleeping, he thought he was dead!