We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knott's Summer 2013 Promotions and Entertainment

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
Knott's Summer 2013 Promotions and Entertainment

OK, while a lot of focus will be on the opening of the three new attractions in the Boardwalk area, and the multi-million refurb/plussing of the Timber Mountain Log Ride, there will also be other new items to look forward to.

A brand new Ice Skating show will be offered, called Snoopy... Unleashed!

The Stage show on the Calico Courthouse stage will be "Boom Town", a group of Acrobats (think Cirque) that performs a story based on life in Calico in the 1860's.

Music groups include the return of the blue grass group, The Ghost Town Miners, and the Big Fat Steve Band. New this year will be "Jumpin' to the Beat", a group of jump ropers performing to a heavy drum beat.

All the above mentioned acts are in additional to the regular year-round entertainment options.

I have a couple of photo/video albums, first is a small set provided by Knott's featuring the upcoming Boardwalk and Log Ride attractions.

http://tinyurl.com/dymgkof

Next is a set I took yesterday, the video is the presentation to the Media in regards to the upcoming new attractions, along with some backstage photos.

http://tinyurl.com/c2gahac

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 29
1. Re: Knott's Summer 2013 Promotions and Entertainment

Thanks for sharing Darkbeer, looking forward to visiting KBF :)

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 29
2. Re: Knott's Summer 2013 Promotions and Entertainment

See Timber Mountain Log ride will open 30th May, 2013. Might have to change our day from the Wednesday when we were gong to go to the Thursday instead, so that we can experience the new log ride

Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 3
3. Re: Knott's Summer 2013 Promotions and Entertainment

Thank you Darkbeer. Dang, I was just getting to know all the songs included inu Happiness is ......Snoopy! Was enjoying singing along during the ice show. Oh well, change is good. Do you happen to know if they will still have the pre-show honoring Sparky (Charlie Schulz)? I hope they will still have the balloon drop at the end of the ice show.

Did they say if there will be a Beatles Tribute this summer?

Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
4. Re: Knott's Summer 2013 Promotions and Entertainment

I'm so glad this topic is back after being closed for a short while this morning. It will help with my planning because I want to have a day at Knott's when the summer season begins and appreciate the advance information for planning purposes.

melbourne
5. Re: Knott's Summer 2013 Promotions and Entertainment

Reading that the log ride will open on the 30th, is there a chance it will open any earlier? Also, will the other new attractions/shows also start on the 30th?

We could either go before the 30th, or possibly the 2nd (Sunday), but that is the day we fly home to Australia (approx 11pm). Would it be worth waiting to see the new attractions, but fight the crowds, or, having never been, would it still be good to go even without the new attractions?

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
6. Re: Knott's Summer 2013 Promotions and Entertainment

The "Goal" is to have everything up and running by May 24th, the three new rides in the "Boardwalk" area are clearly on schedule, but still need to have the state sign off on it, the return of the Log Ride MIGHT make that date.

Wish I could say more, but things are what they are...

Interesting to note, the OP info was the first mention of the upcoming summer events. Heck even the local paper hasn't mentioned it yet...

Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
7. Re: Knott's Summer 2013 Promotions and Entertainment

I know that in the past Knott's has begun their summer season hours, ice show, and other added entertainment on around the second weekend in June. Darkbeer, do you know if the management has considered moving that up to Memorial Day weekend, which would coincide with DLR's start of summer season? Normally, I would just think that Knott's tends to follow their own long establishe pattern. But with the newer upper management I could see adjustments may (or may not) happen.

Edited: 2:51 am, April 21, 2013
Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
8. Re: Knott's Summer 2013 Promotions and Entertainment

I was talking to the "boss" (Raffi) at Knott's on Thursday, along with many folks, but since it was "Media" day, no dates were allowed to be talked about, other than "Summer". And this is a very common thing, as nobody wants to go on record if the project(s) are delayed.

I think they want a Memorial Day advertising push, Disneyland and Universal have no new attractions, Six Flags Magic Mountain has its new Roller Coaster, Full Throttle, and SeaWorld has its new Water Park (former Soak City) to promote. LEGOLAND is pushing its new Hotel. So that leaves Knott's with a lot to promote this summer.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
9. Re: Knott's Summer 2013 Promotions and Entertainment

OK, official word has been released, the Boardwalk area of the three new rides, including the new Roller Coaster will be May 25th (Memorial Day weekend). The Timber Mountain Log Ride will reopen on May 30th.

Knott's Soak City will open for the season in Buena Park on May 18th.

The Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Mother's Day Buffet on May 12th will offer Mom's a free admission to the Theme Park with purchase of a meal. (Reservations strongly suggested).

Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
10. Re: Knott's Summer 2013 Promotions and Entertainment

Question re Mother's Day: How will they know if a woman is a mom? I read a blog that was from last year and the two young mothers left the kids at home with dads to enjoy a kid-less and carefree day in the park - for free. Of course, they deserved that, but just wondering if there now is a requirement to take your child (of whatever age).

Edited: 4:23 pm, April 24, 2013