We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mothers Day Restaurants

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
reviews: 9
Mothers Day Restaurants

Redland Redheads has kindly pointed out that our visit coincides with Mothers Day. I have been so busy planning our trip, i failed to notice that very important date! So now I am thinking that as my sister and Mother are accompanying me (along with my 3 children aged 3ys,6yrs and 8yrs). We should go somewhere for Dinner. I think I would prefer to book a restaurant in close proximity to Desert Palms on West Katella as we will have to walk or bus there. Does anyone have any suggestion for a mothers day Dinner? Nothing too expensive and probably not in Disneyland Park..

Thank you.

laguna niguel, ca
Destination Expert
for Honolulu
reviews: 12
1. Re: Mothers Day Restaurants

The Mothers Day Brunch at the disneyland hotel is fabulous. Great food and they will have the princesses there for pictures. Much better spread than you would expect form Disney. Its not cheap, but holy cow you came all the way from Australia.

Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
reviews: 50
2. Re: Mothers Day Restaurants

Hello, GeorgieGirlAussie, and welcome to the Anaheim forum.

I have a great suggestion on a Mother's Day dinner: Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant next to Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park. It's not so easy finding really nicely prepared food that evokes mom's good cooking in the touristy areas of Anaheim and Buena Park, but in my experience this place - even with a wait standing in line for about a half hour give or take - is worth it. They've got a well deserved reputation for doing things better than lots of other places in the area, and they get my repeat business easily. Here's the link for the TA reviews on them: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g32122-d34… and here's the Internet site: knotts.com/california-marketplace/mrs-knott-…

How to get there: take OCTA (Orange County Transportation Authority) transit bus #460 from Disneyland, near your lodging on Katella Avenue, to Knott's Berry Farm in neighboring Buena Park. This runs daily, including Sundays and holidays. Here's the link: metro.net/riding_metro/…460.pdf and the OCTA site link: http://www.octa.net/

Travel time one way will be about a half hour.

There's tons of restaurants all around you, to be sure, but this one is a "special occasion" kinda place that I think you will appreciate for a day like Mother's Day. Hope you enjoy it, and enjoy your time and travels with us.

Edited: 9:48 am, March 28, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 85
3. Re: Mothers Day Restaurants

Info doesnt seem to be out yet as far as pricing goes for Mothers day dining at Disneyland, but here is last years info that should be about the same as far as locations go, just cost a little more this year likely. Its also likely that info wont come out till a few weeks before Mothers Day Imo since it has not been posted usually until right before Mothers day each year for some reason.

…go.com/blog/…

You can also easliy walk just East of your Hotel down Katella and stop at the Anaheim Gardenwalk with alot of standard restaurants to eat at in about 7 min.

http://www.anaheimgardenwalk.com/dining/

Heres a walking map.

http://binged.it/11R92Tw

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 146
4. Re: Mothers Day Restaurants

While Knotts may be a fun experience, it would be the LAST place I would pick for a nice Mothers' Day Celebration. Who wants to line up with a crowd and wait an hour to be rushed through with thousands of people for a very limited fried chicken menu. If you want to experience Knotts' dinner, go mid-week, when you'll get better service and no crowds.

I would go with the Disneyland Hotel or Napa Rose at the Californian or Roy's at Gardenwalk -- where you can actually get a reservation and enjoy attentive relaxed service in a beautiful dining room. The DL Hotel brunch also offers amazing food choices.

Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 3
5. Re: Mothers Day Restaurants

You can make a reservation for Mrs. Knott's on Mothers Day. See information below.

Traditionally, American (or perhaps just Californian) Mothers Day meals tend to be a brunch buffet with champagne served (usually an endless amount of refills per glass). Other beverages are included, such as orange juice, coffee, and tea. (Although some places that are on the low end might charge for OJ, it's usually included.) There is a variety of food in a brunch buffet including breakfast foods and lunch foods. Some have carving stations for meats and/or omelets made to order. Some also have a variety of shell fish and other fish. Often times these are restaurants that already offer a Sunday Champagne Brunch, but make the Mothers Day Brunch a bit more special.

Some families simply take mother and/or grandmother out to breakfast or lunch at the favorite restaurant, which might be a little less expensive but well appreciated. From what I have noticed, it is rare for mothers to be taken out to dinner on Mothers Day (with the exception of a thoughtful husband who finds a babysitter) and restaurants tend not to put on anything special at night for the occasional. The implications of this are that many restaurants are packed with families in the morning and the afternoon of Mothers Day. Therefore, if you want a celebratory feeling with many other mothers and families present, that is the time to eat. If you want a quieter celebration, then go to dinner (here I am thinking of dinner as served between 6 and 8 p.m.). Roy's a probably a good suggestion for that.

With regards to Mrs. Knott's:

The Mothers Day Champagne Brunch at Knott's Berry Farm requires reservations, therefore you will not be lining up and waiting an hour to get in. It is held in three locations on the Knott's Resort, with Mrs. Knott's being the only location outside of the park (I am surpised they are not using the hotel as well). Mrs. Knott's would be the nicest (although not fancy) and most historic.

Here is the press release from last year and a blog to let you know what it is like. The blog mentions the hours of the brunch are from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For some reason I didn't see that information on the press release. (Note that the ending time means the brunch ends. As with most - if not all brunchs and buffets - the food is put away by then.) No telling if the time will remain the same this year, but most likely.

knotts.com/article/media-center/Mothers-Day-…

daytrippingmom.com/2012/…

Prices and deals are subject to change, of course. But Knott's doesn't tend to change those drastically from year to year. I didn't see a press release for this year yet. Last year's was published on May 1st. You might find information on this sooner through reading the on line newspaper OC Register's Around Disney pages.

Since the park at Knott's Berry Farm closes at 7 p.m. that night, the places in the Knott's Market Place close around that time as well. Mrs. Knott's may close an hour later, though. If you prefer dinner and want to go there, I would say get there no later than 6 p.m. just to make sure they are open. There could be a line, to get in, but I doubt it would be long at that time if they have the same special going on this year.

Here is another idea:

In you other thread you were considering reserved riverside seating for Fantasmic just for your sister and your mother. (Your sister having a recent knee injury.) If they have that, they will be served desserts and coffee by cast members. Perhaps the night for Fantasmic could be the Sunday of Mothers Day. I'm sure they will feel special treatment by the cast members. Of course, that leaves you out of the celebration. You could mix it up with a Mothers Day Brunch (either at Knott's or at Disneyland Hotel) and Fantasmic at night with special seating for them.

I do want to mention that it tooks like, if you were considering going to Knott's on your trip, Mothers Day would be a good day to visit the park - if they are going to give free admission to all mothers who reserve the brunch as they did last year.

Edited: 6:47 pm, March 28, 2013
So. Cal
reviews: 18
6. Re: Mothers Day Restaurants

***Nothing too expensive and probably not in Disneyland Park..***

Can you tell us what that is in dollars? Some of the restaurants mentioned are what I would consider expensive.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 347
7. Re: Mothers Day Restaurants

Mother's Day is one of the days of the year we try to avoid restaurants like the plague because they are very crowded and sometimes overly expensive. I'd try to go someplace in between the normal meal hours and maybe a place like Mimi's or McCormick & Schmick's Grille.

SoCal
reviews: 9
8. Re: Mothers Day Restaurants

Not sure of your price point. However, the brunch at the DL hotel is quite expensive, over $70 per adult and $20 per kid, plus tax and tip. At a buffet you spend a good amount of time up and down getting food, especially if your kids are not able to go for themselves. It is not always that relaxing for Mom.

When I read your post I immediately thought of Roy's at Garden Walk. It is not cheap but it offers a great dining experience that is fine for kids and the food is great. They often have a fixed price 3 course meal for about $35 and there is a kids menu. It is a great place for a special meal, it is in walking distance and they take reservations. McCormick and Schmick's would be a good choice if you prefer more of a seafood place. Both are about the same price.

I don't think Mimi's takes reservations so I am not sure if you would want that situation on Mother's Day but otherwise it is a good choice at a lower price point.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 146
9. Re: Mothers Day Restaurants

I have to agree with you scott. I take my own mom (age 90 this year) out the day BEFORE Mothers' Day just to avoid the crowds. The experience is just as special and you get much better service.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 347
10. Re: Mothers Day Restaurants

>>>I have to agree with you scott. I take my own mom (age 90 this year) out the day BEFORE Mothers' Day just to avoid the crowds.<<<

We do the same.

And McCormick & Schmick's in Anaheim is a McCormick & Schmick's Grille, not a standard McCormick & Schmick's. It is a specifically diversified menu because of proximity to Disneyland. It is one of the better steakhouses in the area. Their menu is below and it is updated daily.

menus.mccormickandschmicks.com/MSAN_dinn.pdf