We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Wonderful Disney Adventure ( day by day trip report)

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cooroy, Australia
reviews: 55
Our Wonderful Disney Adventure ( day by day trip report)

What a great trip...Here is some background

Family of 4 Mum, Dad Girls 6 and 4 from Brisbane Australia first trip to USA. Paradise Pier Hotel 4 nights, Fairfield Inn 1 night 5 day Hopper passes.March 6,7,8,9 18.

Day 1

We flew Virgin Australia and had a great flight. We caught Zippy Shuttle from LAX to PPH arriving to check in at 9 am. We were great full that after our 13 hr flight our room was ready. We were on the 14 th floor and had the most amazing view of DCA. After a quick freshen up we headed via Downtown Disney to Disneyland. We had swapped our voucher for our hopper tickets at the hotel which was great.

As I got closer and could hear the music my eyes filled with tears, I was overcome with emotions I couldn't believe after dreaming of this place since I was 8 ( I am 36) I was about to walk thru the gates of DISNEYLAND !!

A walk down main st we straight away saw Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy. I went to the photo shop to pick up our photo pass plus and then had our first photo in front of the castle. Straight into Fantasy land and first ride was the Carousel followed by Pinocchio . I was hungry so we went to Plaza inn for the chicken special, my first taste of Americana ( we don't get very good country fried chicken or have biscuits and gravy so had to give it a go ).

Back to the hotel for a good 4 hour sleep before having a snack at the club lounge where we came across a family who had had enough for the day and kindly gave us 4 fast passes for WOC :)

First ride in DCA was grizzly river run then we headed to Paradise pier,we had a few rides with the kids before finding our spot in the blue section , we were on the bridge to watch WOC. What an amazing show, we had our glow with the show ears and some hot chocolate and smiles from ear to ear.

We headed back after the show as the park closed at 8 pm to find some yummy Mickey rice crispy treats waiting for us, a great start to our Disney adventure !!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 87
1. Re: Our Wonderful Disney Adventure ( day by day trip report)

Great Trip Report, glad you had such a good time. I have to admit even at my age, and, after many visits, I still feel the "Magic" of what the Park was intended to convey which was said by Walt Disney....

>>>“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here, age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”">>>

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
reviews: 12
2. Re: Our Wonderful Disney Adventure ( day by day trip report)

Great report, looking forward to the next instalment :)

I also get excited every time I return to Disneyland, it really is quite a magical place!

Calgary
reviews: 17
3. Re: Our Wonderful Disney Adventure ( day by day trip report)

Thanks for sharing!

I too love hearing about people who truly enjoy and appreciate the magic that is Disneyland.

and thanks Happy.....I've probably read Walt's speech 100 times, but love it everytime....

Please continue with the report.....

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 29
4. Re: Our Wonderful Disney Adventure ( day by day trip report)

What a fabulous report so far....... I think I might be like you and get teary when we finally get to DL, I am just a big sook. Looking forward to next instalment :)

Christchurch, New...
reviews: 8
5. Re: Our Wonderful Disney Adventure ( day by day trip report)

Six months until we go.... reading reports like yours makes me more excited!!!

Cooroy, Australia
reviews: 55
6. Re: Our Wonderful Disney Adventure ( day by day trip report)

Day 2

Up early today to take advantage of the extra hour at Disneyland.We were there just before 9 am the gates were open and we walked straight in. We headed to Torrowland and had a ride on the Astro orbitor, Buzzlight year before heading to Space Mountain, we waited in line for 5 mins, Wow what a great ride( I think my fav at DL). My husband and DD6 went again as the little one didnt like it we went to the Astro Orbitor.

We then headed to Fastasy land again, did Storybook Canel where my husband got attacked by a low flying duck( really quite funny) , Alice in Wonderland, Tea Cups . I do recall having a ride on Casey Jrn Circus but that may have been the day before too??

Next stop Mickeys Toon Town where we went on the Go Gaget Coaster and had photos with Mickey, Pluto, Goofy. We skipped Minnie's house as the line was out the door. Let it be noted the crowds were really low and the most time we waited for anything was 5/10 mins.

We had lunch at Rancho del Zocalo, yum then we headed back to the room as I had a surprise for the girls...

It was Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique time, I had bought some dresses in advance and my little girls were turned into real life princesses . They loved it, it cost me $130 for the two and it was worth every penny!! They were both in Rapunzel dresses so next stop was to go meet her and Flynn Ryder. Time was getting away as we dinner reservations at Goofys Kitchen at 5.30 so we headed straight there.

The food was good, we saw Minnie, Chip and Dale, Pluto, Alice , Alladin and Goofy!! It was a fun night.

Disneyland closed at 7 pm that night so we headed to DCA for our luck in Carsland. Wow what a place, we walked up to Racers, it said 45 min wait so we thought why not and joined the Q. We only waited 30 mins and it was sooo fun. The park was closing so we headed back for another good nights sleep as tomorrow morning we were hitting DCA for early morning entry.

7. Re: Our Wonderful Disney Adventure ( day by day trip report)

Wow..... I almost burnt dinner because I am having so much fun reading your trip report. Thank you for Sharing. Your trip sounds amazing - cant wait to read more

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 29
8. Re: Our Wonderful Disney Adventure ( day by day trip report)

loving the report .....

Colorado
9. Re: Our Wonderful Disney Adventure ( day by day trip report)

I LOVE your trip report!! Reading about your happy reaction made me tear up. I'm about 4 months out from my first trip and can't wait!!! More please!!!

St. Annes-on-Sea...
10. Re: Our Wonderful Disney Adventure ( day by day trip report)

I grew up in Ca and my mom and I have the same birthday so for most birthdays we went to the Park. I have grown up loving parks. Spent two of my best years working there.

I love love love hearing stories like this. There are so many people in this world that just don't understand the magic. However, there are those of us that do!

Please keep sharing your story!