We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re-Thinking My Grand Californian Choice

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
reviews: 1
Re-Thinking My Grand Californian Choice

We made reservations for the GCH standard room because we are taking our 4 year old and want to be close to the parks and be able to return to the room early afternoon for naps/swimming and re-fuel for night time Disney. We want a hotel with nice grounds & pool so when not at the parks we can still be on Disney property. Early morning extra hour is a must.

I'm seriously considering changing our reservation to the Disneyland Hotel. I'm concerned about the 'dark' rooms, long hallways of the GCH. I really like the floor to ceiling windows and general brightness of the DLH. My only real concern here the walk to the parks and not being minutes from DCA to my room.

I'd love to get opinions on what should be a bigger concern.... darks rooms & endless hallways at the GCH or the longer walk from the DLH. Am I correct that you can walk from the DLH to GCH in 5-6 min ??

Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 3
11. Re: Re-Thinking My Grand Californian Choice

I always find the idea of choosing a hotel based on a few minutes difference in a walk strange. Do any of us actually count the minutes it takes us to walk from one place to another unless we are trying to be on time for a bus or a train? When walking with your family do you look at your watch and time yourselves or do you look at your surroundings and enjoy the walk? One of my favorite movie quotes is from Some Like It Hot, "It's not how long it takes, it's who's taking you." Choose your hotel by what it has that will make you and your child happy inside the hotel and your happiness with the walk will take care of itself.

tucson, az
reviews: 6
12. Re: Re-Thinking My Grand Californian Choice

>>If this is about the distances you'll have to walk, I'm betting the difference in the length of the corridors is dwarfed by the difference in the length of the walk to the parks from the two hotels.<<

I stayed at the Grand Californian in September of 2001 and we got stuck at the end of a looooooooooooong corridor. My sister and I- neither of whom can stand the film- said as we walked and walked and walked "does this remind you of-" My sister cut in "The Shining?" Me "Yes!". The corridors felt really long in that hotel. That said, I'd love to stay there again.

13. Re: Re-Thinking My Grand Californian Choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 22, 2014