We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World of Color FastPass wait time

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bellevue, Washington
reviews: 10
World of Color FastPass wait time

Hi, does anyone know how long of a wait we're looking at if we line up for a FastPass as soon as we arrive at the park?

It looks like we might not be able to make it to WoC on our first day at DCA, so i'm making plans for our second day when we won't be getting early entry.

Our hope is to take the first shuttle from our hotel (Hyatt Regency -- not sure what time first shuttle is) to get there as early as we can first thing in the morning and line up for a WoC FastPass right away.

We are also contemplating on getting the picnic deal but i'm not sure i feel comfortable paying that much money if the FastPass we'll be getting is basically for the same area anyway.

Anyone who's had experience with this recently? Thanks so much!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
1. Re: World of Color FastPass wait time

Are you planning on taking the other shuttle that the Hotel offers? If so, that may not run for an early entry, so wont get you there early, most of the other shuttle services dont. You may have to contact your Hotel to see what hours they run. However, you can also pick up the Art Shuttle from the Residence Inn Garden Grove which is right near the Hyatt, and get a day pass for that day only at the Residence Inn.

Heres more info on the Schedule for this week for the Art Shuttle, they only show 1 week at a time, but you can get the general idea since they start running about 40 min before any kind of early morining entry time at both Parks may be starting.

http://www.rideart.org/schedules/

You shouldnt though have to wait more than about 30 min for a World of Color Fastpass if you get there right when the Parks regular opening time is.

Frederick, Maryland
reviews: 91
2. Re: World of Color FastPass wait time

i just got back from Disney last week and watched the show twice from the Blue section. From what I observed, the blue tickets are the first to go - but that doesn't mean they're the best viewing locations - they're just the first ones to come out of the terminals. The first time we watching it from the very front in the "wet zone" (it wasn't) and the second time was from the bridge. Both were good locations.

Apparently the yellow section has the best sight lines without having to go for the "dining package" green section. Yellow is also the section you're supposed to get with the picnic meal, but we didn't really have high enough crowd volumes to worry about not getting a ticket. If you're going during Spring Break season, you'll certainly see more crowds than we did.

Honestly and objectively, I thought the show was good, but not great. My best description would be a Fantasmic fountain show without the physical presence of characters. Still great to watch, but I wouldn't personally show up early and try holding a spot 2 hours before the show starts. The show is a little elevated off the water, so unless you end up with Chewbacca standing in front of you (or someone doing a cell phone recording), you shouldn't have any major problems.

Bellevue, Washington
3. Re: World of Color FastPass wait time

Thank you SO much for the details! That is so helpful!

I'm a huge Disney fan so I'm really looking forward to the show but i guess my biggest concern would be to make sure we have good views right by the railings because of my very short 7-year-old and our 1-year-old. I imagine that standing behind adults would pose a problem.

Do you mind telling me how long you had to wait in line for your FastPasses though?

Bellevue, Washington
4. Re: World of Color FastPass wait time

Oh and thanks for the heads up, happytotrip! I gave Hyatt a call and was very happy to find out that their shuttle starts leaving 45 minutes before park opens. Yay! Hoping that gives us enough time to get ahead of the line for WoC Fastpasses. Is there a special line we have to look for when we get to the DCA entrance?

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 136
5. Re: World of Color FastPass wait time

If you want to be at the rail, what is important is not picking up the Fastpass, but rather returning to the WOC viewing area early. The Fastpasses are all the same no matter what time you pick them up. You are just assigned a color group, for the regular Fastpass there is no assigned seating or special place in line for the return.

Edited: 5:29 pm, March 14, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
6. Re: World of Color FastPass wait time

The Color grouping for the World of Color puts you in specific areas that you can move around in, if you arrive early, you can get a good spot within your area.

There is no seating for the World of Color show, its standing room only for everyone.

earthboundfaerie,

You would just stand in whatever line there is to get into California Adventure Park, then head to the Right when you can and walk to Grizzley River Run ride Fastpass area to pick up the World Of Color Fastpass.

Make sure you have a photo Id with you for the adults, as they check ID each time you enter either Park. Keep in mind they are going to open that area of the Park 30 min before regular opening time.

Edited: 5:38 pm, March 14, 2013
Bellevue, Washington
7. Re: World of Color FastPass wait time

Thanks you guys! :)

8. Re: World of Color FastPass wait time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 17, 2014