We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May prices

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chichester, United...
reviews: 4
May prices

Hi there - first time poster here. My husband, little girl and myself are coming to California from England for a month in May. We would like 4 nights in Disneyland from 12-16. I really had my heart set on the Candy Cane Inn following TA reviews but it seems really expensive at a minimum price of £460 - $697. We went to California a couple of years ago and were paying well under this. I know you pay a premium for where it is but are other people finding similar costs?

Thanks,

Muskegon, Michigan
reviews: 39
1. Re: May prices

I would check out the Residence Inn Maingate (www.residenceinn,.com), and of course the Howard Johnson as well for your planned dates. Both of those should be under CCI for some types of rooms. Personally, I think CCI is nice, but they do overcharge for some of the rooms there. The Residence Inn offers the best value for families in the area, IMO, and offers larger rooms, good breakfast and evening meals at times, good amenities, and the walk to the Disneyland park gates aren't as bad. You could also use the ART Shuttle system (www.rideart.org) to get around the Disneyland Resort area.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 85
2. Re: May prices

Welcome to the forums Sosgreen,

The Residence Inn Maingate is a very nice Hotel, but is a farther walk from Disneyland, about 15 min, and is starting at the same price as the Candy Cane inn is.

Its a good idea to discuss things in U.S.Dollars instead of Pounds, as it can get confusing.

Howare Johnsons is only going to be a little less expensive, and no free breakfast. Its about an 11 min walk to the Turnstiles that go into either Park and with Art shuttle service. You can use the Mousesavers 15% off discount with the Promo Code LKMS or by mentioning the discount when calling direct. It looks like that would put you at around $632 usd total with taxes so not much less than what you had to begin with.

So... If you are wanting something for less it depends on what you are looking for such as how close you want to be to Disneyland and whether you want a standard Motel or a nicer Hotel which would be farther walking distance.

The Anaheim Desert Inn...... is a standard well rated Motel, and should be $531usd with Parking fees, and taxes included and about $500usd if you dont have any car. Its about a 7 min walk to the Turnstiles.

The Camelot Inn.... also a standard well rated Motel is about $540 usd including taxes for your dates if you include parking fees.

The Anaheim Plaza Inn.... is a very basic Motel, but clean, and usually has quite low rates. Its about a 9 min walk to the Turnstiles, and would be the least expensive at $351 a night total with taxes. Add $4 a night more if you have a Car.

If you wanted a nicer Hotel....

The Fairfield Inn.... is a standard well rated Hotel but with mostly exterior corridors and should be around $600 usd with taxes for your dates, and about $9 more per night if you have a Car. Its about an 8 min walk to the Turnstiles.

The Red Lion .....is a well rated Hotel, and would be around $510 usd including taxes for your dates, but would be a farther walk of about 15 min to the Turnstiles, but also offers Art Shuttle service for a small fee per person.

If you have some forum of AAA where you live, the prices of most of these places to stay would be less as well.

Heres a Map of Hotels in the Disneyland area so you can see where things are located. The Disneyland Main Entrance is off of Harbor Blvd near where it says "East Shuttle Area" on the Map.

printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

You should get a Cancelable reservation somewhere asap, then you can keep looking around, as the better rated places to stay, will be booked a few months usually in advance.

Most of May is usually a good time to visit Disneyland as crowds are lower, and the weather is usually mild in the daytime ( although still cold at night)

Hours usually are around 10am till 8pm M-Thurs, with longer hours of 8am till 12pm Fri,Sat,Sun. The Fireworks show and Fantasmic show would only be shown on the weekends, Fri,Sat,Sun. There is usually a nightly World of Color show.

Chichester, United...
reviews: 4
3. Re: May prices

Thanks you two - will look at your suggestions!

San Francisco...
reviews: 39
4. Re: May prices

Be sure to print out the map that Happytotrip suggests. It's a great map, and shows you exactly which hotels are right across the street and which ones are a bit of a walk.

Harbor Blvd. is very long, and "one block" can translate as quite a long block.

I've stayed across the street (Anaheim Plaza, Desert Inn and Suites) and was very glad I did. It's still a 10-15 minute walk to the entrance. From Harbor Blvd the entrance is another block at least.

I would never want to be away from the entrance and dependent upon a shuttle at a hotel, even if it's free. I can just imagine waiting for a free one, either in the morning when the kids are eager to go, or in the evening when everyone's exhausted.

tucson, az
reviews: 6
5. Re: May prices

>>I would never want to be away from the entrance and dependent upon a shuttle at a hotel, even if it's free. I can just imagine waiting for a free one, either in the morning when the kids are eager to go, or in the evening when everyone's exhausted.<<

Yes; at night sometimes the wait for those shuttles must be goshawful. We go for right across the street.

6. Re: May prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 22, 2014