We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland in June 2013

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coffs Harbour...
reviews: 2
Disneyland in June 2013

We were wondering how big the crowds would be at Disneyland from on 24/25 June 2013. Thanks

Glendale, California
reviews: 277
1. Re: Disneyland in June 2013

Busy. I am fairly sure that would be considered the first week of summer peak. It wouldn't be as bad as going on 4th of July weekend, but you are still contending with kids out of school and vacationers.

That being said, I've had an annual pass for years and visited at all time of the year. I feel like the crowds have been more manageable in the last few years and as long as you get there early and plan out your day, it's not a big deal.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 13
2. Re: Disneyland in June 2013

Karen says "...it's not a big deal..."

Sure it is. For someone that has an annual pass and can come throughout the year, yeah, it's not a big deal.

For someone that is coming from Australia on only 2 days, it's a huge deal because it may be their only chance in a while to visit.

Narelle...... As Karen pinted out, it will be busy. It's already the summer vacation time, just before the 4th of July holiday. Your best course of action is to arrive at the park early in the day and do some of the main rides early on. There are many Disney experts here that will chime in with their favorite courses of action.

Dr. Z

Glendale, California
reviews: 277
3. Re: Disneyland in June 2013

I agree, it isn't a big deal for me. Although, I should add that this past summer I came with visitors from England and this last winter during the busiest time of the year, I took my boyfriend on his first trip to Disneyland. We were able to do nearly everything that we wanted to do. I wasn't just looking at it from a pass holder perspective, but as a pass holder bringing tourist and having to maximize the day.

Definitely arrive early and plan ahead. If you plan to do dining, book ahead. It is possible to see a great deal of the parks, if you plan ahead.

The "it's not a big deal" was with regard to managing the crowds by planning ahead and being prepared. Not with regard to the actual vacation. Any vacation is a huge deal and should be treated as such. I am going to England for the first time in a few weeks and believe me, it's a big deal!

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 13
4. Re: Disneyland in June 2013

Yes, planning ahead for a short visit is key.

Have fun in the UK !

Coffs Harbour...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Disneyland in June 2013

Thank you for all the advice.

We also have the option of backtracking and going there around the Mon/Tue 14/15/April 2013

Los Angeles...
6. Re: Disneyland in June 2013

Disneyland is a fantasy place to visit for everyone even kids and elders.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
7. Re: Disneyland in June 2013

Schools begin to be out for a Summer Break around the last week of May, and by mid June, most Schools that take a summer break will be out by then.

Mid April likely will have about the same crowds as its a popular time for Conventions, School Competitons, and some Spring Breaks for Colleges.

Hours are usually extended daily as Disneyland is expecting larger crowds.

If you need to go in April, the last week usually has the lowest crowds.

Most of May avoiding the Memorial Day Weekend is a good time to visit for lower crowds.

8. Re: Disneyland in June 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 21, 2014