We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May 2013 Hours/Shows

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
reviews: 1
May 2013 Hours/Shows

When will Disney release their hours and show/fireworks schedule for May ? This alone will determine where I stay & if we do a 3 or 4 day ticket. We arrive the early afternoon of May 26th and leave for the beach around 3:30 -4 p.m. Wednesday the 29th. Got to believe it will be very busy Sunday the 26th and Monday (Memorial Day)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 85
1. Re: May 2013 Hours/Shows

Yes, Memorial Day weekend will be very busy at Disneyland.

Disneyland usually shows about 6 week out on thier Calendar.

May hours are usually Mon-Thurs 10am till 8pm, Fri,Sat,Sun 8am till 12pm.

The Fireworks and Fantasmic shows are usually only on the weekends in May, Fri,Sat,Sun. There is usually a nightly World of Color show.

Hours for Memorial day on Monday will likely be 8am till 12pm with the Fireworks show and multiple Fantasmic shows since they are expecting large crowds for the Holiday.

Colorado
reviews: 1
2. Re: May 2013 Hours/Shows

any idea if Disneyland usually starts their later hours/Fantasmic & Fireworks

right after Memorial Day ?

curious if they will look at Tuesday May 28th as summer ?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
3. Re: May 2013 Hours/Shows

Heres last years schedule for May

www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/park-hours.cfm…

Hours before Memorial day weekend are usually the standard hours, however, Its likely from past years info hours would be extended for the last part of May after the Holiday weekend, May 28-31 since there are some Schools that begin to get out for thier Summer Break around that time. Hours might be around 8am till 11pm with a nightly Fireworks and Fantasmic show and World of Color show.

Edited: 12:31 pm, February 15, 2013
Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 3
4. Re: May 2013 Hours/Shows

I think you will be in time for the opening of summer season. I remember correctly, in 2011 Disneyland Resort began their summer season on Memorial Day weekend. I believe they started that in 2010, and called it Summer Nightastic. They delayed the summer season last year to coincide with the opening of Carsland and Buena Vista Street in Disney California Adventure. It was determined earlier in the year that those projects were not going to be ready for a summer opening unless they delayed the opening of summer season. This year there are big openings that will delay the season. You might find out for sure by calling or emailing DLR and asking when they will begin the summer season. They won't give you a schedule but most likely will have a date for that.

Edited: 12:55 pm, February 15, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
5. Re: May 2013 Hours/Shows

Red,

Last year there were extended hours after Memorial Day according to the Calendar. What "big opening" are you reffering to for this year?

Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 3
6. Re: May 2013 Hours/Shows

Opps. That was supposed to read, NO big openings and "If I remember correctly".

Edited: 1:01 pm, February 15, 2013
Wellington, New...
reviews: 32
7. Re: May 2013 Hours/Shows

Thanks happytotrip for the link to the May 2012 show schedule. I'm planning on booking a dining package for world of colour, so it's good to see what times that show runs when it comes to reserving a time for dinner.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
8. Re: May 2013 Hours/Shows

Keep in mind the Calendar is just a general idea from last year, things can and do sometimes change from year to year. Which is likely why you can only make arrangements for a dining package ect 60 days out.

9. Re: May 2013 Hours/Shows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 17, 2014