We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal ?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, Nebraska
Universal ?

have a two part question. going to the park mid week in early March, can I add a front of the line pass at any point after entering. Can we get there at opening use the regular lines and then purchase a front of line pass for the afternoon . ? My kids love to ride some rides multiple times that is why I ask this question. also can somenoe give me a touring plan for this park, I have really no idea what rides to hit early besides Transformers. thanks in advance

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
1. Re: Universal ?

Its usually suggested to do exactly as you are suggesting for the Front of the line Pass. Purchase a regular ticket, then go inside to see how busy it is. If you feel you need to add the pass you would likely know within a few hours upon arrival. You can add the Pass within the Park if you feel you need to, just ask any employee where to go within the Park.

I have not been to Universal Studios for a few years, so Im not sure how helpful I can be with that, except to say, dont miss the Waterworld show if its on for your visit. The newer Transformer ride is also likely to have the longer lines. If you dont get any responses here about a plan to visit, you may want to post in the LA forum

SoCal
reviews: 7
2. Re: Universal ?

Do the lower lot first. You can probably ride multiple times with short lines if you are there at opening. Then do, Simpsons, Back Lot tour and Shrek. Then hit the rest of the shows. We usually do Waterworld last because it is near the exit, it is a do not miss.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Universal ?

Sure you can purchase a front of line pass for the afternoon but any way is going to be valid for the entire day. So it is up to you when to use it. You will have a lovely time at Universal Studios. It is one of my favorite places in California where my family and I enjoy the most our vacations. We always do the following itinerary and it probably can help. First at all and because it is amazing the Jurassic park Ride. Then you can go to the Transformers 3D ride. After that it will be already lunchtime so you can make a break or have some snacks and continue to The adventure of the Studios Tour (I guess that is the name). After that you will have the time for the last thing, which you can choose, based on your kids age. Here is a map of the park so you can check what suits best for your family. Hope you enjoy. It is a great experience.

www.universalstudioshollywood.com/park-map/

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
4. Re: Universal ?

I was at the park this afternoon, and WOW!, very large crowds and lots of construction on the Upper Level. The Hollywood Ticket Office has been torn down. (The best place to buy a FotL pass in the park now is near the Main Gate, but inside, Called the Universal Trading Company.

Even if you get there at opening, you will really only get one ride on Transformers, the wait was up to 2 hours this weekend, and never under 1 hour after about 30 minutes after park opening.

The other two lower rides had much shorter lines, so do Transformers first, the the other two, then head back up to the Upper Lot. The Tram Tour lasted about 1 hour, and by the time you add the queue wait and the walk to the queue (and exit) from the entrance, it was over 2 hours to take the famous Backlot tour.

5. Re: Universal ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 21, 2014