We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Annual passport hotel discount

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
reviews: 6
Annual passport hotel discount

Does anyone know how much the AP discount would be for a stay at Paradise Pier or Disneyland Hotel in July (17th-23rd)? Trying to decide if I should get the Deluxe AP and sacrifice spending Saturday in the park (blocked) in order to get a discount on the hotel, or just get a 5 day hopper and pay the rack rate on the hotel. It's not likely that we will be making another trip within the year, since airfare is so expensive. (Wishing I had got the AP when we were there in Sept!)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
1. Re: Annual passport hotel discount

I dont have an Annual Pass, so I cant check to see what the discount may be, perhaps someone else with know exact info, or..... you can contact Disneyland to see what that rate may be, they will be happy to tell you.

But, its usually around 25% off, and my guess for a busy time which July is its likely to be around $200 a night for the Paradise Pier Hotel and close to $300 for the Disneyland Hotel.

You may also want to be aware that the Paradise Pier Hotel is the farthest from The Turnstiles into Disneyland Park. Its about a 14 min walk if you walk through the Grand Californian Hotel and out thier North side entrance and through Downtown Disney. And about a 10 min walk if you go through the Grand Californian private entrance into California Adventure Park. There is also no shuttle service offered.

The Disneyland Hotel is also about a 10 min walk to the Turnstiles with no shuttle service.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
2. Re: Annual passport hotel discount

You should also be aware of the Southern California City Pass depending on what you are doing for your trip as its a good value for Canada residents especially.

The Pass includes a 3 day Disneyland Parkhopper ticket, 1 day SeaWorld Ticket, and 1 day Universal Studios ticket. Costco Canada website offers them to Canada residents only for $279 including shipping. So its a very good value, since just a 3 day Parkhopper right now is $250

You can even add days at Disneyland once you are there. $250 is credited towards an upgrade on the 3 day Parkhopper, so it would cost you an extra $25 to upgrade to a 4 day Parkhopper, and $40 to a 5 day Parkhopper right now. However, if prices were raised at Disneyland, that cost to upgrade would be more. ( although the cost of a SoCal City Pass has a set price for the year so prices on that wont rise)

Victoria, Canada
3. Re: Annual passport hotel discount

Thanks for all the info Happy. Paradise Pier is more in our price range, but I'd rather stay at Disneyland Hotel if the price is right. We stayed off-site on our two previous trips (both times in late Sept.) and we'd like to stay onsite this time since it will be July, so we can get early entry. Not interested in doing Universal, and we've done Sea World before, so we'll probably skip the SoCal pass. I was thinking about it, but now they don't have the San Diego Zoo as an option, like they used to.

If it's a 25% discount on the hotels, I think the Deluxe pass would end up saving us money. Instead of paying $270 for a 5 day park hopper, I'd pay $469 for the annual pass (just for myself, and get the kids and hubby 5 day hoppers). And instead of paying $2904.90 for 6 nights at Disneyland Hotel (I'm assuming 15% tax) I'd pay $2638.56. So, if I got the annual pass I'd pay a total of $3107.56 instead of $3174.90, a savings of $67.34, plus I'd get 10% off restaurants and shops, which will potentially save me another $100 or more. It will mean I can't go into the park on the Saturday, though, but we might want to just have a sleep in and pool day on Saturday anyway.

I've e-mailed to ask what the rates would be (I wanted to call them, but they don't have an 800 number!) If it's 10% it won't be worth it, but 25% would be ideal.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
4. Re: Annual passport hotel discount

You actually could visit on a blockout day, but it would cost you $70

…go.com/faq/…annual-passports-q3

Canada residents can also get a pretty good deal on 5 day Parkhopper through Flight Centre Canada for $267 which is a pretty good value since they are $290 on the disneyland.com website.

It looks like the current offer though expires Feb 19th so you may want to check into that. ( click in the middle of the page to see prices for tickets where it says "park tickets"

flightcentre.ca/vacations/…vancouver

Heres also some more info about Canada discounts for Disneyland tickets from the Mousesavers website which lists current discounts on attractions for you ( they dont sell tickets)

mousesavers.com/disneyland-california-vacati…

Victoria, Canada
5. Re: Annual passport hotel discount

Wow, looked into the flight center tickets and that's a good deal, especially since it will be in Canadian funds, so I won't have to pay a % on my credit card for foreign currency. For 2 adults and 2 kids I'd save $88! But the fine print at the bottom says "Prices valid for travel January 1, 2012 up to December 31, 2012. ©Disney" I wonder if they just forgot to change the year?

Got an e-mail back from Disney. Looks like it's only at 10% discount on these dates for AP's. They quoted me a price of $284 for PPH, estimated total of $1,993.68 with taxes. So, not really worth it to get the AP.

Victoria, Canada
6. Re: Annual passport hotel discount

Called Flight Center, and the price/tickets are valid for our time of travel, so I'll probably end up going that route. Thanks so much for the info! (Guess I owe you $88! HA!)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
7. Re: Annual passport hotel discount

Im assuming the flight Centre Canada website did just forget to change they year since they say the pricing is valid till Feb 19, 2013. But you should probably contact them directly as they suggest to get more info.

You may want to wait a little to see what offers may show up for Annual Passholders in a few months, its possible there may be a new special discount offered before your visit since the current one for 25% off expires in mid March of 2013.

You may want to get a cancelable reservation for the Paradise Pier Hotel now, and then see in a few months if a better Annual Passholder discount shows up, and you can have your rate adusted. The 10% rate they are offering you now is just the standard AP rate.

You may also want to get another cancelable Hotel reservation somewhere else just in case the Paradise Pier rate doesnt go down more.

Edited: 7:54 pm, February 14, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
8. Re: Annual passport hotel discount

If you wanted to do what I suggested in Post 7. You could just purchase a 5 day Parkhopper ticket along with your family, and then get the Annual Pass once you are at Disneyland before you check into your Hotel if it works out to stay at the Paradise Pier Hotel.

You also may be able to check in at the Hotel, and then have your rate adjusted to the AP rate before you check out? You would have to check with the Hotel to see if thats ok to do, but I dont see why not if you are not paying till you check out. That way you would not have to worry about getting the AP till you find out for sure whether you are going to stay at the Paradise Pier Hotel or not.

Edited: 8:06 pm, February 14, 2013
Victoria, Canada
9. Re: Annual passport hotel discount

So, if I get the 5 day passes from flight centre, can I upgrade mine to AP? Our 5 days in the park will be Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon. If I upgrade to AP on Sunday, I'll skip the blackout day on Saturday and still get the AP discount at checkout on Tuesday, right?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
10. Re: Annual passport hotel discount

Yes, any Disneyland ticket can be upgraded to an Annual Pass. You would need to do that by the end of the last day on the 5 day Parkhopper ticket. You would just pay the difference in price of what you paid for your 5 day Parkhopper ticket usually and what the cost is of an Annual Pass. Sometimes you may even get a little break by doing that as the credit towards an upgrade may be more than what you paid for the Parkhopper.

You can even upgrade to the Annual Pass on the Sat blockout date and they will allow you inside the Park on that day only once when you first get your Annual Pass.

In theory, your thinking should work But, you would need to contact the Hotel to see if they would allow you to do that, and adjust the rate to the AP rate upon checkout.

Edited: 8:34 pm, February 14, 2013