We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Transport

Please, help!! Staying in Anaheim for 4 nights and don't want to hire a car. My problem is that I have booked a VIP tour of Universal Studios and have to be there by 9:15am. Can anyone please tell me what is my best option. Also would like to visit Venice beach and same problem. Perhaps there is a very early shuttle?

Cheers,

david

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
reviews: 83
1. Re: Transport

Options....use public transportation by taking the train from Anaheim ( you will have to leave pretty early as its likely to take a few hours) This info should help

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29092-i65-k405965…

Rent a car and drive yourself, its a pretty easy drive on mostly one freeway, about a 1 hour drive, but then you are looking at still driving in rush hour traffic time likely to get there at that time.

Private transport.....Such as Karmel Shuttle, Zippy Shuttle, Super Shuttle, Primetime Shuttle. All of these offer a private car transport along with thier regular shuttle service if you contact them directly. Its likely to be around $100 one way.

Again, public transport to Venice Beach is going to take quite a while. You may want to look into a Tour that may go to that area.

You could also take the Disneyland Resort Express back to LAX, and then a Taxi to Venice Beach as its only about 6 miles away from LAX.

Where are you staying in Anaheim?

Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 3
2. Re: Transport

Do you really want/need the VIP tour and can you cancel it for a refund? The reason I am asking is Grayline Tours has a deluxe version of their Universal Studios Tour which also includes a visit to either Venice or Santa Monica (but it is their choice and not sure how much time you have at the beach, whether you got out and explore). They may have a separate tour to Venice or Santa Monica ~ which are close. This company will pick up from Anaheim Resort hotels and the Garden Grove hotels down the street from Disneyland Resort. They may have a transportation only price for Universal, however they would leave too late for you to get there on time. If there is a choice of times for the VIP tour and you can do it later in the day, that might work for you.

Renting a car would be your easiest and most enjoyable option, in my opinion.

It's also good to keep in mind that Anaheim is close to several nice beaches in Orange County and, although Venice may seem like a "must do", it is not the best beach in So Cal. Huntington Beach is more of a cool place to visit, in my opinion. There is a tour company that offers an OC Beach Tour, picking up from Anaheim area hotels.

Edited: 12:21 pm, February 13, 2013
Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
3. Re: Transport

I highly recommend the VIP Tour at Universal, it is much different than what is offered as the standard admission of the Studios.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32655-i61-k569564…

So the easiest is to arrange a hired vehicle that comes with a driver. Arrange for a 7 AM pickup at your Hotel, and ask for a 8 PM return. Plenty of options to choice from, a town car, a limo or a Private Van.

A limo might be a fun way to get to Universal, you can start feeling like a VIP early.

Sydney
reviews: 25
4. Re: Transport

Hi

As red has said grayline have the tour that goes to Venice beach and Santa Monica , have done this trip a " couple " times and each tour spent more time at each - must depend on the driver, last time spent hours in Santa Monica ( 2011) and the tour before we spent time in Venice beach :), and little time in Santa Monica ( basically drove through)

John

Perth, Australia
5. Re: Transport

Thank you so much for all your advise, has helped me.

Cheers, David

6. Re: Transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 16, 2014