We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break Vacation

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
STL
reviews: 2
Spring Break Vacation

I am planning a trip to California next month with my family. We are flying into San Diego and out of LAX. We were thinking of taking the Amtrak from San Diego to LA. The main thing my children want to do in LA is go to Universal Studios. Any suggestions on transportation from the train station to Universal Studios and from there to the airport. I guess my main question is which Amtrak stop would be the best one for us to get off at and what is the best way to get from a hotel in Universal Studios to the LAX airport.

Thanks

Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 3
1. Re: Spring Break Vacation

Hi and welcome to the Trip Advisor Forums? Are you also planning a visit to Disneyland Resort in Anaheim? If so, how many days will you plan to go to the DLR Parks? If not, perhaps you may like to repost your question in the Los Angeles Forum.

STL
reviews: 2
2. Re: Spring Break Vacation

No not planning to do Disney at thanks for the help I will repost

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
3. Re: Spring Break Vacation

To get to Union Station from Union Station (The Downtown LA Train Station), all you need to do is find the LA Metro Red Line Boarding platform in the station (It is in the basement and plenty of signs point to one of two entrances to the area.

Take the LA Metro Red Line Subway to Universal City. Exit the station, cross the street (just follow the large Universal Studios Sign) to a Tram loading area that will take you up the hill to the Main Entrance area.

4. Re: Spring Break Vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 19, 2014